Year 2 of a complete overhaul for the Air Raid and we have done quite well.

baseballnerd

Feb 6, 2011
We had a shot at beating ole miss last night but didn't execute. The plays were there. They know it too. I watched with my ole miss family and they expected a loss and were sweating it out until the end.

Some of yall need to read Leach's book. Everything about him, and his philosophy and his air raid will make complete sense.

We are going to be okay.
No one is happy especially Leach and the team.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Both things can be true. We can be ahead of schedule and still upset about last night’s performance.

Im excited about the future of Leach, Rogers and MSU Football though. I expect Rogers to get some Heisman buzz entering the season. We’ve got a chance to be pretty damn good next year assuming we can find a couple OL.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
Both things can be true. We can be ahead of schedule and still upset about last night’s performance.

Im excited about the future of Leach, Rogers and MSU Football though. I expect Rogers to get some Heisman buzz entering the season. We’ve got a chance to be pretty damn good next year assuming we can find a couple OL.

Well said Strat.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
The system Leach has designed works. We just need to plug in some better talent in a few critical areas.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Ole Miss is just better than us this season. I don’t understand why some people can’t admit that because they’re the rival. The more experienced team won. State will be very good next season and Ole Miss will return to the mean.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Coach Leach has done a good job of implementing some effective running plays. He has never done this before. Ever.

Sep 9, 2012

Losing to OM is always insufferable, but losing to a 10-2 top 10 team is not inexcusable.

The plays to take control of the game were there early, and we literally dropped the ball. When OM had those chances, they took advantage. That’s the difference between a good veteran team and a young inconsistent team.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
The expectations going into the egg bowl were simply out of whack.

There is no reason we should have been a favorite in that game. Sure, we could have won that game without such garbage first half execution, but that was a 9 win, top 10 ranked team with a Heisman contender at QB, vs a 7 win, unranked team. We were granted a massive benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Your point would be taken better if you added "slightly". Some of you guys seem to want to make them out to be vastly superior to us this year and they are definitely not that.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We had a shot at beating ole miss last night but didn't execute. The plays were there. They know it too. I watched with my ole miss family and they expected a loss and were sweating it out until the end.

Some of yall need to read Leach's book. Everything about him, and his philosophy and his air raid will make complete sense.

We are going to be okay.
No one is happy especially Leach and the team.
Shut the 17 up.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
I was really encouraged about Leach working in the run game more. And I think it helped the overall effectiveness of the offense and took pressure off Rogers. I’d like to see that progress even a little more. Maybe bring in a few more creative run schemes.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
We were two school record comebacks from being 5-7. Progress is progress but ours wasn't anything special. Getting Polk was huge. Kicker cost us at least a game. Better develop a running game of some kind or we won't win big.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We were two school record comebacks from being 5-7. Progress is progress but ours wasn't anything special. Getting Polk was huge. Kicker cost us at least a game. Better develop a running game of some kind or we won't win big.
Those games were cancelled out by Memphis and LSU. Then we also solidly beat two good teams in aTm and NC State.

We made tons of progress this year. 7-5 (4-4) is exactly what we are.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
Looking at it that way, we were also some FGs away from being 10-1 going into last night's game. And some dropped passes and FGs away from winning last night's game too. So probably a few breaks/miscues away from being 11-1 right now.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Those games were cancelled out by Memphis and LSU. Then we also solidly beat two good teams in aTm and NC State.

We made tons of progress this year. 7-5 (4-4) is exactly what we are.

NC State has proven to be nothing special. A&M has no passing game at all, same as Kentucky. We can beat teams like that. We should.
I'd say the progress was average at best. We couldn't figure out how to start games all season long. We couldn't handle teams that throw the ball well.
We need a huge influx of talent.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Looking at it that way, we were also some FGs away from being 10-1 going into last night's game. And some dropped passes and FGs away from winning last night's game too. So probably a few breaks/miscues away from being 11-1 right now.

I noted the kicker. It cost us one game.

Sep 9, 2012

You could say that we were close to being 5-7, but you could also say that we were 8 points away from 10-2. It balances out.

At the end of the day, we are a 7-5 team because we played like a 7-5 team for the totality of the season.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
NC State has proven to be nothing special. A&M has no passing game at all, same as Kentucky. We can beat teams like that. We should.
I'd say the progress was average at best. We couldn't figure out how to start games all season long. We couldn't handle teams that throw the ball well.
They are both good teams and good wins. Stop.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Your point would be taken better if you added "slightly". Some of you guys seem to want to make them out to be vastly superior to us this year and they are definitely not that.
10-2 vs. 7-5 in the same side of the SEC. They beat us at home. The season ebbs and flows, so looking at all the data, they are a solid step above us.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
So in your world, what teams are good? Georgia? Alabama? That’s it? Teams ranked in the top 25 are good teams. But you go ahead and devalue every win we got because you don’t like Leach.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
So in your world, what teams are good? Georgia? Alabama? That’s it? Teams ranked in the top 25 are good teams. But you go ahead and devalue every win we got because you don’t like Leach.

SEC was down big this year. Outside of AL and GA, it's a massive blob of mediocrity. That's why OM is a 10 win team. They aren't that much better than us, but they got it done.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
NC State rumbling toward 9-3.

Stop posting, please. Your opinion means zilch.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

View attachment 23120

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Yeah they all played each other and took turns passing out beatings. Most of those teams will beat their bowl opponents who come in with a similar record.

Aug 22, 2012
SEC was down big this year. Outside of AL and GA, it's a massive blob of mediocrity. That's why OM is a 10 win team. They aren't that much better than us, but they got it done.

You’re one of the dumbest posters here, and that’s saying something. Please tell me you’re a sidewalk alumnus. I shudder to think you earned a degree.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login