Yellowstone has officially jumped the shark

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Look, I really liked the show and the scenery. I overlooked a LOT of garbage but damn... this is just crap now...

1) No one of import ever dies. Worst mark of a show is that 4 seasons in, you have proven that you won't kill off a major character.

2) who gives a s*** about Jimmy?!?!? It's like they are creating a spinoff (MID SHOW) for one of the worst characters of all time.

3) the parading of 'real cowboys doing real cowboy things' with mid show music videos

4) Taylor Sheridan inserting himself into the show trying to play cowboy... with the worst character and sound bites ever.

5) just absurdly unbelievable storylines at this point... it's just done. The Monica concussion... the Beth blownup/smokes a cigarette with her blackened skin that is now back to perfect except for her back... Jamie is the smartest/dumbest character on the planet... a small city in Montana has had bombings, automatic weapons on main street, klan kidnappings and the press still hasn't heard about it and done a 48 hours episode?!?!

rant over. It's a gorgeous concept of a show but it was a one season show... I won't be even attempting the new one where a couple of singers attempt to be actors now...

Edit to add: That stupid story line with the 'little Rip kid'... what the hell is that crap?!?!!?

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
"The Teeter" accent is something else. Luckily my cable company no longer has Paramount which makes it easy to ignore.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
All valid criticisms, but John Dutton’s pearls of wisdom and opposition to “progress,” and Rip’s loyalty will keep me watching.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I don't want to pretend to be on my high horse, I would watch but can't. I will binge it down the road when it hits streaming services.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
John and Rip are literally the only things left to watch... since we don't get any T&A from Beth anymore...

I don't know why they have decided to talk more about Jimmy's dick than developing Kayce's story... It's just terrible writing. That combined with the fact that Taylor Sheridan seems to only want to advertise his 6666 ranch that he just bought.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I tried watching it. Made it through 3 episodes.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Its not top notch acting or writing but sometimes I just need a guilty pleasure.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It's a new age Dallas or Dynasty. All the ladies on the Book of Faces are loving it. They're buying shirts and ****. Trying to dress their old man in western wear to get that drip.
Got a family member that owns a "western wear" store and their sales jumped when the show started up. They sell out of anything with Yellowstone on it.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
It's a good show, not a great show. For one thing, it's too violent for any kind of authentic cowboy show. For example, bombs and paramilitary style firefights over the family land....spare me that ****. And girls in the bunkhouse screwing dudes with all the other ranch hands sleeping in the room. Come on man. The Beth Dutton character is terrific though, and makes it worth it.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
It’s just not a very good show. It has never been good. People are just dying for good TV and that’s the only reason it got the support it did originally. I watched the first three seasons. Stopped watching three episodes deep into the current season. No desire to pick it back up.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I know Beth is everyone's favorite character, but in real life, no one would put up with her a_s. In real life, anyone who acts like her would live in a trailer, weigh 400 lbs, be on disability and have 5 rugrats by 5 different dudes (getting child support and/or SSI for each).

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I know Beth is everyone's favorite character, but in real life, no one would put up with her a_s. In real life, anyone who acts like her would live in a trailer, weigh 400 lbs, be on disability and have 5 rugrats by 5 different dudes (getting child support and/or SSI for each).

^^^THIS^^^ it seems the show has turned into "Let's see what shocking, anti-social antics Beth can do this week followed by a music video of cowboys riding." Done with it.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
It hasn’t been good since the 2nd season. Now it’s just cheesy pandering to a small segment of our population.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
This season has been mediocre at best, but I still watch hoping it gets better. I like Kayce as the Livestock Agent, but they ruined that with his whiny *** wife, terribly acted son, and trying to turn him native. Yeah the writing isn't great.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's 2 more episodes than I watched, really more like 2 1/2 more than I did actually. All I heard was "I can't believe you aren't watching it" and how people couldn't believe how great it was. They lost me in the 1st episode playing Cowboys and Indians from helicopters and 4 wheelers and blowing up streams to divert them.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
The first season, the first episode I could tell it was a soap. Two episodes later, it just reinforced that belief. Stopped watching.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I haven't seen any of it to speak of, although it seems entertaining enough. What is WILD is how it seems to have become some folks whole-*** personality.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Let's face it, it's just not that believable. Can we talk about the new Spiderman movie or Boba Fett show instead?***

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Let's face it, it's just not that believable. Can we talk about the new Spiderman movie or Boba Fett show instead?***

I haven't watched any of the previous Spiderman movies, but we saw the new one on Christmas Day. I thought it was good, but my Spiderman credentials are lacking.

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015
Since when did a tv show have to be real. Compared to all the other garbage on tv, this show is pretty awesome.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Actually, it is more like Downtown Abbey. Yellowstone: we have to save the ranch! It is a legacy issue! Downtown Abbey: We have to save the estate! It is a legacy issue! Along the way they both show how they support a large cast of workers that are on the lower status level.

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
All of you haters in this thread go back to watching RHOC and the bachelorette. I can’t believe what I am reading. Insulting Kevin Costner that way. Shame on you

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's a new age Dallas or Dynasty. All the ladies on the Book of Faces are loving it. They're buying shirts and ****. Trying to dress their old man in western wear to get that drip.
Got a family member that owns a "western wear" store and their sales jumped when the show started up. They sell out of anything with Yellowstone on it.

Literally this. The evil con man was my breaking point. Carbon copy of a soap opera villain.

And they insert the 1883 promo on screen in commercial ad nauseum.

And who is the only fat cowboy. Oh yeah it's the writer.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Meh I don’t mind the jimmy stuff. I like they have shown a little more normal ranch stuff this season. Not everything is gun fights a western mafia wars on a ranch. Part of it has gotten too much like a soap. But a large part of their viewership is women. So they are definitely playing to their audience so a lot of the action and stuff has been dropped. Not a lot of good tv out right now unfortunately.

The 1883 show so far has been good. Hopefully it won’t get 17ed up.

First episode of mayor of Kingstown was okay. I haven’t watched any others.

I think Sheridan has done pretty good so far as crestings shows he might just have too many going at the same time.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
One thing about Yellowstone is they don’t mind walking away from a storyline that doesn’t test well with their audience.

Didn’t Casey find a dinosaur? That just kind of went away.

Didn’t Costner have a helicopter? Seems like that just kind of went away.

Seems like viewers didn’t care for Kayce’s wife or that Tate kid who can’t act? They kinda went away.

Wasn’t there an oldest brother who was the pride of the litter? He definitely went away.

That said, it’s a better show without all those things.

Rezdog

Oct 25, 2015
The older brother was killed on like episode two. Casey's wife is hot but the son is a terrible actor.

catvet

May 11, 2009
If you want reality, watch the news. Watch the number of kids who died in Chicago. See the single mom of 5 who died in Birmingham in a car accident going to get her kids Christmas gifts. See the guy who killed his family in New York.

Seriously, Yellowstone is over the top, but its an hour I dont have to hear about a 14 year old girl shot to death by police on accident in a LA Burlington Coat Factory. At some point its okay to enjoy life and laugh a little.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Those here who don't like those of us who don't like Yellowstone might want to realize there are a lot of quality shows out there to keep us away from the bad news of the day or the Real Housewives.

No need to get angry because we realize Yellowstone sucks and you don't.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Those here who don't like those of us who don't like Yellowstone might want to realize there are a lot of quality shows out there to keep us away from the bad news of the day or the Real Housewives.

No need to get angry because we realize Yellowstone sucks and you don't.

Longmire is a good replacement.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login