Yep can’t compete huh…***

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
heart of television dog GIF by Hallmark Channel

In all seriousness, it’s kind of an expected move given the times.

Two big questions: How active will this guy be? Also, what and how will resources will he allocated? (budget, people, sports)

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'm not sure I'm getting the point of the post? Are you saying a 20-something MBA who played football at Mizzou is gonna change the NIL game at Mississippi State? If so, love the optimism!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad hes a Dawg and of course am pulling for his success, but I'm not sure this is any kind of splashy hire?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not sure I'm getting the point of the post? Are you saying a 20-something MBA who played football at Mizzou is gonna change the NIL game at Mississippi State? If so, love the optimism!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad hes a Dawg and of course am pulling for his success, but I'm not sure this is any kind of splashy hire?
I think he just wanted to come on here and Crow about something insignificant to try and prove a point.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

We won’t even know if he’s a splashy hire unless there are resources available to support him and he’s actually fairly active…

I think he just wanted to come on here and Crow about something insignificant to try and prove a point.

And if he’s not successful and there are not enough resources, then it’ll be the significance equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig…

I hope the hire works out, but since he’s from Missouri, I want him to Show Me what he can do.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
You all obviously have zero clue about mizzu NIl and how innovative they have been. We have now hired the lead NIL guy from both Ark and now Mizz. This was a big hire.
We don’t really have a clue about anything to do with our own NIL. How are we supposed to know what’s going on at Missouri?

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
How's Mizzou's NIL been doing since he got there? Did Selmon get some references and track record? What enticed him to leave MO for MS?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Have to assume the guy has been told that to make himself more marketable as an athletic administrator, he's got to leave the nest and prove himself. He can't just hang out at his alma mater and expect to move up the athletic admin food chain quickly. Unless he wants to be Lonnie Tinkle redux.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Have to assume the guy has been told that to make himself more marketable as an athletic administrator, he's got to leave the nest and prove himself. He can't just hang out at his alma mater and expect to move up the athletic admin food chain quickly. Unless he wants to be Lonnie Tinkle redux.

He’s jumped from job to job.

See below:

He was Discovery Officer (nice vague job title) at Colorado in July 2021

Moved on to Notre Dame as Director of Student Athlete Professionalism in February 2022

Moved to his Missouri job in August 2022.

So there’s different possibilities out there:

1. He needs seasoning like you said.

2. He is an up-and-comer who wants to show what he can do at State for maybe 3 years at most until he goes on to his next school.

3. A mix of the above.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You all obviously have zero clue about mizzu NIl and how innovative they have been. We have now hired the lead NIL guy from both Ark and now Mizz. This was a big hire.

The lead NIL guy or promoted someone pretty low on their org chart? I’m a bit skeptical we’ve hired the lead person from two other SEC schools.

Me too.

Given Prentice’s background, it looks fairly obvious he’s going to be lead guy and Lee will be his direct report.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
The lead NIL guy or promoted someone pretty low on their org chart? I’m a bit skeptical we’ve hired the lead person from two other SEC schools.
Do research po ol You are the epitome on po ole state

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Do research po ol

I see nothing really spelling out his duties. However I assume by title he will attempt to partner businesses with athletes? Or maybe manage the athletic money that will be used for nil in the future ..... who knows.

or you could just tell everyone since you know.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login