DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
As of this morning, our team sheet metrics are:
NET +9 from 41 to 32
KPI (Faktor) +4 from 38 to 34
SOR +11 from 47 to 36
BPI +4 from 35 to 31
KenPom +7 from 37 to 30

The LSU win on Thursday helped all of those numbers a little, but the UT win pushed our overall metrics higher than they have been in about two weeks, since just before the A&M game. If you were wondering, we peaked around the Kentucky game. Our NET, KPI and SOR peaked just before that game, BPI and KenPom just after it. Each one of those four straight losses to close the season hurt, but the home loss to USC last weekend was the most damaging and the A&M game the second most. Yesterday's win has us back where we were before the A&M game, so those two losses are not hurting us any more.

Last edited:

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
That’s all good but losing to Southern is unacceptable.
Losing at home to Bama and SC and KY is why we’re going to be a 9-10 seed and not a 5 seed.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’m seeing 8 seed, 8-9 is where it will be, and I’d be surprised if they don’t advance. But will catch a #1 seed in the next round.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Losing at home to Bama and SC and KY is why we’re going to be a 9-10 seed and not a 5 seed.
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF by ABC Network

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
So if it's unacceptable why are you still here? I would assume since that's so unacceptable you would find another team.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I hope you’re wrong. I’ll take a 12 all day and twice on Sunday.
Funny how that works, I think this team as a #12 beats many of the 5 seeds and 4 seeds, making a easier path to sweet 16 than a #8 or #9 seed.

Last edited:

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
So if it's unacceptable why are you still here? I would assume since that's so unacceptable you would find another team.
You think losing to Southern is just something we should accept as part of being a State fan?!?!
You 17-ing loser !!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You think losing to Southern is just something we should accept as part of being a State fan?!?!
You 17-ing loser !!
So if you don't accept it then you need to find another team. Seriously what exactly does "unacceptable" mean? You want to fire Jan's and cut the entire team? What? Let's hear it.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
So if you don't accept it then you need to find another team. Seriously what exactly does "unacceptable" mean? You want to fire Jan's and cut the entire team? What? Let's hear it.
What a 17-ing idiot!
What it means ******* is that game could have cost us a NCAA bid and it still can and probably does cost us a higher seed which would help us in getting a better opportunity to advance beyond Rnd 1 in the tourney.
I really don’t know why I’m wasting my time on some dubmass like you and trying to explain this!!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Help me out. Our team lost to Southern. How are we not supposed to accept it? What exactly are we supposed to do, other than writing on here it's unacceptable, to not accept it? It happened and I'm still a fan. It's not hard to do. I've seen worse over the decades.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What a 17-ing idiot!
What it means ******* is that game could have cost us a NCAA bid and it still can and probably does cost us a higher seed which would help us in getting a better opportunity to advance beyond Rnd 1 in the tourney.
I really don’t know why I’m wasting my time on some dubmass like you and trying to explain this!!
] I'm not a moderator, but I've seen this behavior before, and it usually ends up with you taking some time off. So, I would recommend that you stop. It's one thing to give your opinion it's quite another to continue to shout the same thing over and over and make personal attacks.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What a 17-ing idiot!
Take a week off and cool your jets.

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by Karsten Torebjer

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Thank goodness we won yesterday. We would be very uncomfortable tomorrow afternoon. I really hope we end up as a 10 seed.

Reactions: She Mate Me

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Could be three bid stealers tonight. FAU’s loss means the American is now a two-bid league. NC State won the ACC and Oregon is up four with three minutes to go in the Pac-12. We still are not even in the last four byes in Lunardi’s latest update, so I’m confident we won’t be in Dayton regardless.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Some of these bid stealers will end up in Dayton.

Nope, only one who might is Temple if they win since they are under .500 and would likely be a 16. Only the four lowest AQ’s go to Dayton.

Teams like NC State, Oregon, New Mexico, not going to Dayton.

Reactions: DawgatAuburn

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It is crazy that last year had no bid stealers at all, which is why we were able to sneak in. This year has bid stealers all over the place. Thank God for that Tennessee win. I can sleep peacefully tonight.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It is crazy that last year had no bid stealers at all, which is why we were able to sneak in. This year has bid stealers all over the place. Thank God for that Tennessee win. I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Law of averages

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Well, Lunardi just put us back in his last four byes, two above being in a play in. Right where he had us last year, then we get the play in game. Don't trust that committee at all.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Could be three bid stealers tonight. FAU’s loss means the American is now a two-bid league. NC State won the ACC and Oregon is up four with three minutes to go in the Pac-12. We still are not even in the last four byes in Lunardi’s latest update, so I’m confident we won’t be in Dayton regardless.
From your post to the Dead Indians’ inbox…

Back to the Last Four Byes, baby…

Reactions: msudawg1200

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The cut line is in a different spot this year. Last year the four Dayton teams were all 11 seeds. This year they may be 10 seeds due to the number of stolen bids.

Reactions: DawgatAuburn
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login