YNWA!!!!!!!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Best news I've heard all day. Now, if we can just get Salah to sign. Actually, I don't know how far apart the 2 sides are, but if he truly wants something completely out of line with what Liverpool can fit into the budget, I'd be OK with selling him this summer and investing the money in 2 or 3 new players. We've actually got good quality at forward even if we spent the money in midfield or defense, with Jota, Diaz, Mane & Firmino.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Best news I've heard all day. Now, if we can just get Salah to sign. Actually, I don't know how far apart the 2 sides are, but if he truly wants something completely out of line with what Liverpool can fit into the budget, I'd be OK with selling him this summer and investing the money in 2 or 3 new players. We've actually got good quality at forward even if we spent the money in midfield or defense, with Jota, Diaz, Mane & Firmino.

Agree. I want to keep Mo obviously, but you can't totally shatter the wage structure for one guy. They take a lot of flak from fans but FSG are doing this the right way and laying a sustainable foundation for the future. What's next on the stadium after the Anfield Road End expansion takes capacity to over 60k? The Kop is the obvious one as the oldest of lot now. A bigger Kop would be AWESOME, except to opponents.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I'm not sure I have ever seen a team, it's manager, it's players, and it's owners be in such harmony as the Liverpool Family right now. There is naturally a bit of grousing among a few about the reluctance of FSG to throw sound financial stuff to the wind and break the back of the club's financial structure on salaries and transfer fees like some of our rivals have. That's is understandable, but FSG are running it as a sustainable business, not a rich boy's toy like Chelski or Manchester City. With Klopp signing again, I think we are heading for another Golden Age. The last one was well before I ever discovered the English club game in the late 90s.

Sounder68

Jun 22, 2013
Really impressive what Klopp and LFC have done in the last few years, without relying on the "blood money" to buy titles. Looking at you Man City, PSG, Chelsea... I'm not a LFC fan, but I enjoy watching them for that reason. I think Salah will re-sign eventually. I'm not sure where else he could go and get the same money AND have the same support and stability, plus competing for trophies every year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login