You can put to rest doubts about the mental

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yes, surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Some of the worst officiated we have had at home in a long time, maybe UK Pittino days.
I hate games like the one last night. At first they were letting both teams play really physical and then in the second half they started whistling everything. Pick a lane

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Hubbard was mauled near the end of the game and TN player picks up the ball and lays it up….only to have the zebra blow his whistle and make a bogus 10 second call (8 seconds had passed).

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Refs helped Tenn with at least half of their comeback. Honestly surprised we were able to overcome that garbage!
Dude- MSU got a ton of calls in the 2nd half too. How the game was called was inconsistent between halves and you can absolutely complain about that, but to claim the refs were trying to help UT come back is 17ing absurd.

UT came back because UT's press was effective and because they started hitting 3s. FYI- those things really didnt happen in the 1st half.

Reactions: alumnidawg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Dude- MSU got a ton of calls in the 2nd half too. How the game was called was inconsistent between halves and you can absolutely complain about that, but to claim the refs were trying to help UT come back is 17ing absurd.

UT came back because UT's press was effective and because they started hitting 3s. FYI- those things really didnt happen in the 1st half.
Not sure if you were at the game or not, but I was. It was obvious that on nearly every UTenn press in the 2nd half, Cam was getting held. It was also obvious that #11 in orange was setting moving screens every possession in the 2nd half. He had at least 20 fouls before finally fouling out with under a minute to play. Not to mention Hubbard getting tackled at mid-court with no foul called with 45 sec to play.

It was obvious and it was awful!

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Yes, surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Some of the worst officiated we have had at home in a long time, maybe UK Pittino days.
I was at the game. Ive never thrown anything on a court or field, but I definitely wanted to last night. I can almost understand our fan’s bad behavior when we lost to Kentucky and they threw water bottles on the court.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Hubbard was mauled near the end of the game and TN player picks up the ball and lays it up….only to have the zebra blow his whistle and make a bogus 10 second call (8 seconds had passed).
Hubbard did get tackled, but 10 secs definitely passed before Tenn controlled he ball. I watched the second half on DVR tonight to make sure my in-person perspective wasn’t biased.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login