You have the wrong coach if...

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
you hear multiple announcers say this team is not built to come back from 2 TDs. I have heard it more than once this year regarding Arnept.

What you got?

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
That is because we have changed offense styles.

O linemen are not motor grader types, they are made to protect a QB.
Different blocking capabilities. Wrong personnel.

Reactions: blitz2Win

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
When your HC is a former DC and teams are completing over 70% on your defense....

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

So are you saying our multiple 6'7 6'8 offensive lineman are not capable of run blocking ? Are they too big ??

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
So are you saying our multiple 6'7 6'8 offensive lineman are not capable of run blocking ? Are they too big ??
We don’t need them to run block when you have a bulldozer like Goede out there. really good portal evaluation on Goede. Schmidt earned his salary on that one*

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

It sure was dumb that Arnett did that. I'm assuming he's one of those losers who thinks you're "supposed" to win football games by running the ball and "imposing your will" on the other team, as opposed to just winning by any means that you can.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

This is nonsense.

The Kang used to tell a story about the time he interviewed for Johnny Major's staff at Iowa State. Majors asked something along the lines of what the "definition of a good coach is", and Sherrill's answer was that a good coach is a "person who can teach another person how to do anything". Put John Hevesy on our staff and the offensive line would be serviceable.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The whole idea of changing offenses with this roster was doomed from the start. it was very predictable. Staff should have been kept intact, the players could almost run it themselves. Mason Miller was an excellent coach, probably should have been named interim.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
When you have one of the all -time passing leaders in the SEC returning as a senior it's best to run an offense he isn't really suited for. When you have a backup running back who played well in the bowl game, it's best if he doesn't see the field all that often and instead you keep running the starter not matter how much he's ailing.***

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
It sure was dumb that Arnett did that. I'm assuming he's one of those losers who thinks you're "supposed" to win football games by running the ball and "imposing your will" on the other team, as opposed to just winning by any means that you can.
I'm not sold. Officer Barbrady's run schemes are supposed to be zone blocking and the air raid run schemes were also zone blocking. Look it up. What I see is sloppiness that sets us behind the chains and Arnett is scared of his own shadow in those situations or does Croom **** like going for it on 4-6 on our 40 and punting 4-inches on theirs. Rodgers has always taken sacks, the difference was that past our 40 we always had 4 downs with Leach. We run the ball better this year than the previous 3 but we have 3 downs instead of 4.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
But, but, but Bo say it’s all talent, the coaches are doing twice as well with this putrid talent than Saban would…. He’s got rosebowl coming on later, let’s see if rosebowl changes his story on what we’re doing or not doing a la searching for a new coach or not once again…. Duh, his tweety thing has 57,000 views so he knows what Bo claimed to know and more….Bo knows, y’all!!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
you hear multiple announcers say this team is not built to come back from 2 TDs. I have heard it more than once this year regarding Arnept.

What you got?
Well, to be honest, most of my MSU cheering career, if we got down by two I felt we had no chance until Leach, with the exception being a couple of seasons of Dan where he seemed to be a little more creative on play calling, except big games, when he puckered up and caved under the pressure, or late season when he spent more time with his agent than coaching.

ETA: The depressing part of that statement is that it typically expresses some positivity for the defense. In this case, it is a both/and. We can't score, and we are unlikely to stop anyone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login