You have to fire the DL coach Monday morning, right?

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
That’s 2 weeks in a row they have looked absolutely horrific. We just can’t stand around and let that be acceptable. This is the worst defensive line in Miss State Bulldog history. You have to let Lebby be the coach. Nobody gets a pass. that performance was inexcusable. Turner sucks. Let Lebby fire his *** Monday morning. Send that loser packing. Burn it to the ground and let the walk-ons play.

Reactions: BBQCompDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think we've had enough coaching turnover for awhile. We're just gonna have to ride this one out.
That is never the right answer. Of course we can't fire him this week. But unless there's some drastic improvement, we probably will need to clean house at least on the defensive side of the coaching staff.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
That is never the right answer. Of course we can't fire him this week. But unless there's some drastic improvement, we probably will need to clean house at least on the defensive side of the coaching staff.
Are you gonna get anyone better if you only give them one season to turn things around?

We knew this defense was gonna be bad, why are we acting like the coaches could magically make them into something they're not?

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
Are you gonna get anyone better if you only give them one season to turn things around?

We knew this defense was gonna be bad, why are we acting like the coaches could magically make them into something they're not?
Did you watch us continue to use 3 down lineman while ASU got 10 yards every play? Or how many of our defensive players were confused multiple times a drive? That is 100% on coaching.

Reactions: Motodawg

patdog

May 28, 2007

No offense, but this is the most insanely ridiculous argument I’ve ever heard. Are you going to get better by keeping bad coaches for 2 or 3 years instead of firing them when you realize your mistake? That thinking is what gave us the 2003 season under Sherrill and 5 long years of Felker & Croom.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
It’s a talent issue AND a coaching issue.
Not saying it isn't both, but I think David Turner has done pretty well with D-linemen in the past. Unless you're talking about scheme then maybe I could completely agree with you. But it may look better with better talent. Gonna be hard to sell our D to any portal prospects for next year if we don't figure out how to $pay up$ or get a lot better quickly.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Failed recruiting by the last couple staffs has completely left a void of talent in several spots. RB is the worst I can remember, DL is worse than that. OL isn't far behind those two either and then you've got or injuries and a DC who wants to play a 3 high safety look and not fill up the box when some white kid is hammering us on the ground. It took the team and staff a full half to adjust. Maybe we've gotten that out of our system now but talent is the greatest problem. Our recruiting isn't getting it done at all.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Did you watch us continue to use 3 down lineman while ASU got 10 yards every play? Or how many of our defensive players were confused multiple times a drive? That is 100% on coaching.
I did and I didn't like it any better than you but I don't think Lebby had a line of experienced coordinators busting down his door for our job. If he cleans house he's not getting any better quality coaches at this point.

Feb 25, 2018
Running game on both sides of the ball are going to be an issue, but I think we already knew that. Teams now have a blueprint on us….stop our running game and run it down our throats. How many D linemen did we actually have dressed? Our safety had 17 tackles. Im thinking we were limited in making adjustments by the lack of bodies to throw in on the DL

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I agree that our talent level is very low, but I find it hard to argue that it was simply recruiting when we had so many take the portal out of Starkville.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I thought he was a great recruiter, but he isn't even doing that well. Turner has been a disappointment. The DC is about what I expected. But Lebby's offense looked as if it had not practiced all week.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I think a lot of the DL is just that we aren't very good there. Coaching may be terrible also, but if you have bad players coaching isn't going to make a huge difference.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I thought he was a great recruiter, but he isn't even doing that well. Turner has been a disappointment. The DC is about what I expected. But Lebby's offense looked as if it had not practiced all week.
It's the OL. Sub par talent. Pounders and Minor are not the players that they were promoted to be. They're G5 players.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Recruiting isn't about coaches developing relationships or a player wanting to play for a particular coach or school. Who writes the biggest checks is all that matters.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Recruiting isn't about coaches developing relationships or a player wanting to play for a particular coach or school. Who writes the biggest checks is all that matters.
Seems true, it's more like hi coach....how much are you going to pay me?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login