You people complaining about the announcing ………

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Nope not funny. Stick to the podcast and talk shows. Leave game broadcasts to the professionals. Don't give a crap if we never play on barstool again. Someone else can get their crappy product. Everything is a joke to the frat bros even stuff that's not funny. Good luck getting an audience outside of douchebags that also never grew up

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Need to go back to genespage. Jesus Christ it’s humor. You people are the ones who bitched about mispronouncing Jans’ name!
night what do you mean GIF

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I like the sarcasm they have. I actually laughed when they hollered BRICK! when Arizona St. made a bad shot. It’s better than listening to Dicky V or Beth Mowens.

Reactions: Motodawg

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Need to go back to genespage. Jesus Christ it’s humor. You people are the ones who bitched about mispronouncing Jans’ name!
I don’t mind it for a game. I don’t love some of the language but they seem to have toned it down compared to some of their stuff.
I do give credit to the guy in the suit, he’s pretty good and brings a little bit of professionalism to it.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
They toned it down after the race to 10. It's tolerable now. Also might just be me enjoying us beat ASU down.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Yes they are all red voters
Hardly. Dan “Big Cat” is very left leaning. As is the other half of his podcast behemoth PMT. PFT’s brother is a big time dem journalist in DC.

As for Dave, his dad absolutely loathes Trump, and is a lifelong Dem. And Dave has never stated his allegiance. However, he’s friendly to FoxNews and Tucker, and is not anti-Trump like his dad.

Kevin Clancy, the next of the largest original guys is also extremely liberal. Never Trumper type.

Barstool is just smart, and stays out of politics more than many other mainstream media sites. They understand their base, is moderate to right. Good business.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Nope not funny. Stick to the podcast and talk shows. Leave game broadcasts to the professionals. Don't give a crap if we never play on barstool again. Someone else can get their crappy product. Everything is a joke to the frat bros even stuff that's not funny. Good luck getting an audience outside of douchebags that also never grew up
Jesus dude, do you even see how good this team looks and the size of the woodshed we’re taking a PAC 12 team to?
There’s a reason barstool is worth half a billion, and it’s not because they are polished. Dave is literally sick because he just lost over 50k on this game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Jesus dude, do you even see how good this team looks and the size of the woodshed we’re taking a PAC 12 team to?
There’s a reason barstool is worth half a billion, and it’s not because they are polished. Dave is literally sick because he just lost over 50k on this game.
Bad for him I guess? Don't give a **** about Dave or any of those guys.

I see our basketball team is doing well. Just don't give a **** about those clowns on the broadcast. Worse than mowens. They focus too much on themselves than the game

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Of course.

My problem is an announcing crew screaming at a player to shoot threes. This wasn’t an exhibition game. It could be the difference between making the tournament for these two teams and Big Cat is screaming at a point guard what to do? Imagine the reaction of this board if Richard Cross was screaming at Shaq Moore to shoot threes. This isn’t preseason.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Of course.

My problem is an announcing crew screaming at a player to shoot threes. This wasn’t an exhibition game. It could be the difference between making the tournament for these two teams and Big Cat is screaming at a point guard what to do? Imagine the reaction of this board if Richard Cross was screaming at Shaq Moore to shoot threes. This isn’t preseason.
Are there any legal considerations for a game promoter or sponsor to be at the press table, next to the benches, yelling at a player to shoot a 3 so he can win a bet? It's quite a bit different than average Joe yelling at you to launch one from the stands IMO. I laughed, but I might be pretty pissed if I had the opposite side of that bet and lost. It's definitely not game fixing in that situation but you can bet on anything now. I don't think the actual promoters should be trying to influence the actual play on the court in any way - especially as it relates to gambling.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Are there any legal considerations for a game promoter or sponsor to be at the press table, next to the benches, yelling at a player to shoot a 3 so he can win a bet? It's quite a bit different than average Joe yelling at you to launch one from the stands IMO. I laughed, but I might be pretty pissed if I had the opposite side of that bet and lost. It's definitely not game fixing in that situation but you can bet on anything now. I don't think the actual promoters should be trying to influence the actual play on the court in any way - especially as it relates to gambling.
I thought the same thing watching that last night

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Of course.

But of grown frat boys with money being allowed to promote a game and try to influence the game to put extra money in their pockets so they can gamble it away on another. Rich kids in America. Our college team last night was their play thing.

don't get me wrong I enjoy watching or listening to some of their stuff with Brandon and Kayce but most anything that involves portnoy is unwatchable, it's like they think they are jack *** but not really that funny. He just a rich douche bag

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
It's like being in the sports book in Vegas, you find yourself rooting for the guy sitting next to you. Thought it was awesome. I wanted that guy from ASU to hit a 3 and us to hit one more shot.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The game is free to watch online. Why would anyone complain about the announcing? Sheesh…

It’s annoying when they talk over other. But it is also hilarious at times

I'm not watching but my guess would be most people would rather pay a little for quality than get total crap for free, which applies to most any product. Everybody on here probably already pays for ESPN in one way or another and would much rather watch it there even w/ Bad Beth on the call than for free on Youtube (which isn't really free because you are paying for internet to stream it.)

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Didn't pay it much attention. It is easy to ignore when your team minus two starters is stomping a mudhole into a P5 opponent they were picked to lose to.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
But they’re not funny. I don’t mind not being a polished crew, but be funny if you’re not gonna be good.
I feel like there were a lot of inside jokes that you might get if you listen/watch Barstool all the time. Like they kept referencing Jersey Jerry and other people - I figured if I knew who they were making fun of it definitely would have been funnier at times.

I did think the race to 10 prop bet was entertaining, and Dave getting pissed when people missed open looks he needed to go in for gambling purposes. I thought their pain was hilarious.

Like someone else said, I like a novelty game once a year. I thought it was fun for a change of pace, but wouldn't want all that going on during a conference or tight game later in the year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login