5. Softball

Last edited:

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Back in the day:
1. Men's basketball
2. Football
3. Baseball
4. Women's volleyball (used to party with them)
5. Women's cross-country (when in college, they had some hotties)

Currently:
1. Men's basketball
2. Baseball
3. Football
4. Women's basketball
5. Tennis

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Back in the day:
1. Men's basketball
2. Football
3. Baseball
4. Women's volleyball (used to party with them)
5. Women's cross-country (when in college, they had some hotties)

Currently:
1. Men's basketball
2. Baseball
3. Football
4. Women's basketball
5. Tennis
I played intramural basketball and we used to play pick up games against some of the girls on the women's baskeball team. That's when I got interested in them. They had a couple of hot girls too.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Football/Baseball at the top.
Basketball secondary.
Don't care about the rest, unless they are close to winning a title (like the women in 2017/2018).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Back in the day:
Men’s basketball
Football
Baseball
Everything else

Now :
Football
Men’s Basketball
Baseball/Women’s Bball
Soccer
Softball

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Young Me:
1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Didn't know there was anything else

Present Day Me:
1. Baseball
2. Football (but my interest is fading fast here because of NIL and transfers, may be baseball only soon)
3. Still don't know of anything else

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Back in the day
1. Basketball.
2. Football.
3. Baseball.
4. WBB.
5. Softball.

Today
1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. WBB
5. Softball
Back in the day:

1a. Football
1b. Basketball
5. Baseball (I was late to the party on baseball. Stupidly rarely went to games when I was on campus).

Now:

1. Football
2.a Baseball
2.b Basketball (I recognize it's more important to be good at basketball and I think I'd put basketball at 2.a if I got back invested, but we're coached great this year and mostly enjoyable to watch if the shooting is painful and I've still missed more games than I've seen).

Nothing else really registers. I guess women's basketball has some marketing benefits so that's the sport I'd want to be good at next? I'd probably prefer women's soccer to be better personally, but at the end of the day, I'm probably not going to watch either, so I guess it'd be better for the university to be good at women's basketball.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I only watch the big three anymore unless one of the women’s teams is having a special run (softball postseason last year). Was big into WBB during the Schaefer era but haven’t really watched since early in the Nikki McCray season.

Football has almost always been my number one, with basketball and baseball trading places at two and three depending on the year. Basketball used to bring me a lot of joy, my grandfather was big into it as well so that was our thing we shared with each other. He passed away in 2012, and then the Rick Ray disaster started followed by the Howland era, and I had problems with Howland basically from the start, even if it took others a few years to feel the same. So I felt detached from our program for a long time. But Chris Jans has rekindled my love for men’s basketball with the same excitement that my grandfather and I used to share. Would give anything to be able to talk about this team with him, he’d be so excited about how they’ve been playing lately.

I love MSU baseball and will always be grateful that my dad and I to this day share a big interest over it. But I admittedly have a hard time getting that into it until mid April or so. Might be because I’m an accountant and when I formerly worked tax season hours it took me out of the first half of baseball season most years. But I’ll be following them closely soon, just not quite to that point yet.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Mine would be:

Then:

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Never watched any other sports back in the day

Now:

Baseball
Football
Basketball
WBB
Softball

All the transfer portal, NIL stuff plus the general lack of competitiveness in college football has caused my interest to diminish somewhat. I will still watch any sport on TV that we are decent at when I can.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Forever and always
1) football
2) men’s basketball
3) baseball
4) women’s basketball
5) no

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
30 years ago
Football
Baseball
Basketball (M)
Tennis (M)
Golf (M)

Now
Baseball

Football
Golf (W)

Basketball (M)
Basketball (W)

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Then:
Basketball
Football (we sucked when I was in school)
Baseball

never watched much of anything else… although legends LaToya Thomas and Tan White were there so probably should have watched more wbb

Now:
Football
Basketball / Baseball
WBB
Softball

My dad is the kind of person who, if he could watch only one sport for rest of his life, would choose college basketball. So I guess that’s why it’ll always be high on my list too. I was raised an om fan and as a kid we attended countless games in that old blue / orange / yellow seating tad pad.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Then-
Golf
Basketball
Football
Volleyball
Empty

Now-
Basketball
Volleyball
Football
Empty
Empty

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Football
Baseball
Men’s Basketball
Volleyball
(it involved a drunk player that really loved, but couldn’t tolerate alcohol)
Women’s soccer
(Also involved a chick, but was from opposing team that stole my fitted M over S hat off my head. Had to go watch match to get it back.)

now
Baseball
Football
Basketball (could be moving up, depending on tournament run)
WBK/ softball (again depending on post season play)

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Then

Football
Baseball
Men's Basketball
Men's Tennis

Now
Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
Women's Basketball

Last edited:
Reactions: retire the banner

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Young Me:
1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Didn't know there was anything else

Present Day Me:
1. Baseball
2. Football (but my interest is fading fast here because of NIL and transfers, may be baseball only soon)
3. Still don't know of anything else
Those match me perfectly.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I was a baseball-crazed kid with nobody in my family having any connection to MSU at all (both parents from TN - Memphis Tiger fans). Got taken to The Dude for a weekend series as a high school kid in the late 90's and was instantly hooked on the baseball atmosphere. Once I became a student I didn't miss a home game in my 5 years there.

For me it's always been:
1. Baseball
2. Football
3. Basketball
4. & 5. Whatever other sport we are good at at the time.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
Then:
1.Basketball- Greg Carter and my sister graduated together and Greg’s mom was the assistant teacher under my mom. We didn’t miss watching Greg play as a kid. Then my brother and Charles Rhodes grew up together I have known and played with him most of my life. Never missed my boy playing.
2. Football - Rodney Stowers mom was one of my teachers while he was playing at State so we always pulled for him.
3. Baseball
4.WBB was good friend with some of them when at State.

Now:
1.Football
2.Basketball- could be moving back to #1. No place rocks like the Hump when it’s lit.
3. Baseball
4.WBB

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Then:
1.Basketball- Greg Carter and my sister graduated together and Greg’s mom was the assistant teacher under my mom. We didn’t miss watching Greg play as a kid. Then my brother and Charles Rhodes grew up together I have known and played with him most of my life. Never missed my boy playing.
2. Football - Rodney Stowers mom was one of my teachers while he was playing at State so we always pulled for him.
3. Baseball
4.WBB was good friend with some of them when at State.

Now:
1.Football
2.Basketball- could be moving back to #1. No place rocks like the Hump when it’s lit.
3. Baseball
4.WBB
My wife and I were at the game in Orlando when Rodney broke his leg. We were stunned to hear he passed away the next day from a pulmonary embolism. It was a heart breaking day. I know it was hard on you and your family.

I'm with you concerning basketball. Back in the day coaches for other SEC teams said the Hump was the toughest place to play because of our fans. Let's hope Jan's can get us back on track.

Reactions: Bowdawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Back in the day
1. Basketball.
2. Football.
3. Baseball.
4. WBB.
5. Softball.

Today
1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. WBB
5. Softball
From birth to 2005 ish

football
Basketball
Baseball

last 10 years
Football
Baseball
Basketball

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
1. Football
2. Basketball/Baseball
3. I DGAS if we play anymore sports because they don't make money and they don't matter

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Then: (while in school)
1) Baseball
2) Football home game weekends (good parties)
3) Tennis (had some buds on the team)
4) Soccer (club sport at the time and several of the South American players lived in our apt complex....good guys)
5) Basketball (something to do on a boring week night....never went to a weekend game)

Now:
1) Baseball (became addicted when I was there and never de-toxed)
2) Football (all games on TV and easy to watch
3) Message board melt downs (we are really good at it)
4) Basketball (got my hopes up a bit but it's still hard to watch
5) Errrr

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
Then(1978 grad)
1. Football -Bob Tyler, beat Rebs 3 of four in my years there.
2. Baseball (Polk early years, had buds on the team who told us the signs)
3. Basketball (Ron Green finished 2nd in conference behind national champ Kentucky)
4. Intramural football- my frat team won back to back all-school championships)
5. Delta State women’s basketball- three consecutive national championships

Now
1. Football-pays the bills and fun being in the junction
2. Men’s Basketball-
3. Baseball
4. women’s basketball
5. Tennis

Reactions: retire the banner

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
As always: 1) Football; 2) Men's basketball........the rest don't really matter that much. Winning in baseball or women's basketball is a great diversion, but those sports really don't matter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login