Youth turkey hunting

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Anybody taking a youth this morning? I think it’s going to be a good one.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’d like to be… my daughter is about a year away from going. I agree today would be a good one

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I went to listen yesterday morning and did not hear anything even though I know there are long beards in the immediate area. I did hear one shot about sun up a long way from our place and assume that someone’s kid had a great morning. Good luck everyone!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
My one year old shoots a 12 gauge with 3 inch magnums, we will bag one tomorrow.

In all seriousness, we went to from regularly seeing 6-7 on camera last year, to zero this year.
I think I’ve got a good flock this year. Saw several jakes last year… during deer season I regularly saw upwards of 10 long beards hanging out. Ive gotten as many as 5 together on camera recently, so im not sure if some have moved to other areas but should be enough around to get 1 or 2 this spring.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I always enjoyed being a part of this weekend whether it was one of my kids or being a part of another youth hunt. My favorite hunt of all was when my son got a bird. We had to piss off an old hen enough to cross an open field, walk past us looking for the another hen, and pull a strutting gobbler into range. Did I mention that we were laying on the ground in the open where the road entered the field? I thought the hen was going to step on me laying and calling just behind my son with a 12 gauge. He shot that bird laying down. Great shot on the most impossible turkey hunt I have ever been a part of.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
We didn’t hear a peep. We saw 16 deer though. It was a good morning.
I ran into deer at every turn yesterday morning. It’s going to be hard to get into position in the mornings when we hear one without bumping into deer and them blowing the whole thing up. That’s just part of it though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login