YouTube TV and ESPN+

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Recently got YouTube TV and I was under the impression that it also came with ESPN+ if I signed up on the ESPN app with YouTube TV as my service. I signed up, did the code they gave me, and it still says I have to pay for it. Is that the case, or is something messed up?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
So I can watch SECN+ games on the ESPN app, but not ESPN+ games? 17.
So I’ll be able to watch this weekends game since it’s SECN+.
Yes. The only time you cant watch something is a road game against a non conference opponent.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Yes. The only time you cant watch something is a road game against a non conference opponent.
How is it usually for basketball and baseball games? Are they typically espn or secn? I never paid attention in the past

Nov 14, 2010
Ok. Another question about this - I pay like $8.50 per month for watch ESPN - but when I try to log in - the ESPN ap asks for my provider. I current don’t have a provider?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
ESPN+ is cheap and worth it if you want to watch a lot of sports and ignore your wife.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Ok. Another question about this - I pay like $8.50 per month for watch ESPN - but when I try to log in - the ESPN ap asks for my provider. I current don’t have a provider?
That sounds like you are paying for ESPN+. If you want to watch what comes on the main channels(ESPN, ESPN2, SEC NET …etc) you need to have a service provider that has ESPN as part of your package.

There is no way to get all ESPN content without a service provider.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
So that Marquette game coming up.
I believe that whole tournament is going to be televised on FS1. And the Minnesota game next month is on the Big 10 Network.

We don’t have many Big 3 sporting events that are exclusively on ESPN+. Baseball season is when you see it the most, road nonconference games and, as of last year, many of the Regionals.

Reactions: AlCoDog

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Recently got YouTube TV and I was under the impression that it also came with ESPN+ if I signed up on the ESPN app with YouTube TV as my service. I signed up, did the code they gave me, and it still says I have to pay for it. Is that the case, or is something messed up?
ESPN+ isn't like basic ESPN app stuff. It cost extra. Always been that way.
Now if you HULU and HBO Max, you can get ESPN+ for free through their bundle.

Dec 23, 2017
I asked this in another post ... I have YTTV, the $64,99 subscription and it's good. However, I am still struggling with using SEC Network +. I can get the SEC Network fine. Can anyone tell me, step-by-step, how to go into YTTV and access SEC Network +. I am not very tech savvy, so PLEASE bear with me. Make it idiot proof, if possible. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I asked this in another post ... I have YTTV, the $64,99 subscription and it's good. However, I am still struggling with using SEC Network +. I can get the SEC Network fine. Can anyone tell me, step-by-step, how to go into YTTV and access SEC Network +. I am not very tech savvy, so PLEASE bear with me. Make it idiot proof, if possible. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Assuming you’re being serious.

To my knowledge, you don’t access SEC Network+ through YTTV. You have to access it through the ESPN app.

•Go to settings in your ESPN app.
•Select Sign In to TV Provider (or similar)
•Search for YouTube TV
•Sign in using your YTTV sign in info

locate game you want to view and be sure to select the option for view with TV Provider and not the ESPN+ option.

Reactions: Preacher Franklin
Dec 23, 2017

To my knowledge, you don’t access SEC Network+ through YTTV. You have to access it through the ESPN app.

•Search for YouTube TV

locate game you want to view and be sure to select the option for view with TV Provider and not the ESPN+ option.
Thank you Sir.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
The latest pricing increases have just about exceeded my budget.
I just added espn+ to my Disney+ account for an extra $6 a month. It also gives me Hulu. Being able to watch all basketball and baseball games now, plus have access to Hulu is worth $13 or $14 a month, whatever it is.

Dec 23, 2017

•Search for YouTube TV

I can now confirm the above steps work. Thanks to everyone.

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
I just added espn+ to my Disney+ account for an extra $6 a month. It also gives me Hulu. Being able to watch all basketball and baseball games now, plus have access to Hulu is worth $13 or $14 a month, whatever it is.
ESPN+ isn’t how you watch state basketball and baseball games. That’s SEC Network+, not ESPN+

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
Well according to other posters in this thread, you’re wrong.
Unless you have a cable provider login along with that ESPN+ good luck watching state baseball and basketball.

A cable provider login or something like YouTube tv, HULU live, or something like that is what you need to have access to SEC network+. That’s how you get all the baseball and basketball games.

just use your YouTube tv login to login in and you’re good. You don’t need the extra ESPN+ unless you like watching sunbelt football games and such. Save you that money.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Unless you have a cable provider login along with that ESPN+ good luck watching state baseball and basketball.

A cable provider login or something like YouTube tv, HULU live, or something like that is what you need to have access to SEC network+. That’s how you get all the baseball and basketball games.

just use your YouTube tv login to login in and you’re good. You don’t need the extra ESPN+ unless you like watching sunbelt football games and such. Save you that money.
Or what several other posters have said, you won’t get any non-con basketball or baseball games without espn+

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Or what several other posters have said, you won’t get any non-con basketball or baseball games without espn+
Any road non con games. All games at the hump and dudy noble can be watched without paying for ESPN+.

Itsaboutus

Dec 23, 2015
It’s stunning how many experts we have on this board that are adamant that they know how to coach or run a college sports program but in reality don’t even understand the differences between a couple of different streaming services.
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
You dont get away OOC a games on Secn+. You have to have espn+
There’s literally like one to two max a year when that comes into play. When baseball team goes to play at samford or last year when they played at Tulane.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
There’s literally like one to two max a year when that comes into play. When baseball team goes to play at samford or last year when they played at Tulane.
Yes. I’m very aware of that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login