Zac Calzada in the portal?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
What the hell for, isn't he the starting QB who beat freaking Bama?

He and Bo Nix make little sense to me, no coaching change or anything. Are they worried about the backup?

And honestly, if I'm Max Johnson, why would I transfer from LSU? I've watching Kelly at ND for years, I don't think he utilizes a specific type of QB. Why give up the starting spot?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I don't think Calzada was going to be the starter at A&M next year, he was not very good and only got his job because of an injury to Haynes King, who is expected back next year. That Bama game for Calzada was totally out of character for him, and in hindsight that was probably the most head scratching Bama loss since Saban's first year.

Coaching changes are probably to blame for for Nix and Johnson, sometimes you just don't gel with the new guy in charge.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Calzada isn't very good. King or weigman would replace him immediately

ETA: is king back for the bowl or is calzada leaving after bow?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I don't think Calzada was going to be the starter at A&M next year, he was not very good and only got his job because of an injury to Haynes King, who is expected back next year. That Bama game for Calzada was totally out of character for him, and in hindsight that was probably the most head scratching Bama loss since Saban's first year.

Coaching changes are probably to blame for for Nix and Johnson, sometimes you just don't gel with the new guy in charge.
Looks like Georgia has their new starter I guess. I thought he was OK, showed some potential, and on the biggest stage. I would tell those ungrateful Texas bastards to kick sand and pound rocks.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Calzada struck me as having a great arm and a lot of potential. A change of coaching might do him well.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Calzada struck me as having a great arm and a lot of potential. A change of coaching might do him well.

Maybe. He certainly has a cannon, but he's very inaccurate. After starting this year, he most likely doesn't wanna go back to backing up while trying to improve accuracy. aTm has a better option now, and might have an even better option in the 5-star commit

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login