Zach Wilson- Kurt Warner?

• YES! Comback story of the year!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No. They're still the Jets and they'll suck

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Think about it. Both were down for a good part of their life. They backed up gunslingers who were supposed to bring Super Bowls to their teams, but were seriously injured early. Both are pushed into the breach.

With Kurt Warner, it was the ultimate rags to riches story, going from bagging groceries at HyVee to the NFL Hall of Fame. Zach Wilson, it's a second chance after getting labeled a bust.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Warner was a small college undrafted QB that didn’t get much of an opportunity for years.

Wilson was a high draft pick that has gotten opportunities and not been very good. I just don’t really see the comparison here.

Now I do think the Jets have a good roster outside of QB, and if they lean on defense and the running game they might be able to salvage a decent year somehow. They were in the playoff mix until the last couple of weeks a year ago with a very young team.

Reactions: Dawgg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Mothers Day Yas GIF by Hello All

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Warner was a small college undrafted QB that didn’t get much of an opportunity for years.

Wilson was a high draft pick that has gotten opportunities and not been very good. I just don’t really see the comparison here.

Now I do think the Jets have a good roster outside of QB, and if they lean on defense and the running game they might be able to salvage a decent year somehow. They were in the playoff mix until the last couple of weeks a year ago with a very young team.
So he’s more of a Rex Grossman?

Reactions: Dawgg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Damn Hammer... are you drunk? You are normally pretty reasonable, but somehow you just compared Zach Wilson to Kurt Warner and Trent Green to Aaron Rodgers in a single statement.

I guess they're all white right handed quarterbacks. Outside of that absolutely nothing about any of them are remotely related to each other.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I wonder if anybody ever said this about Kurt Warner:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I saw an article discussing the Jets trading for Jameis Winston if AARon is out for extended time. I found that humorous.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login