Famed MSU Supporter - Randy The Plumber - Breaks Down NASCAR Brawl

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Excited Gold GIF

Reactions: Guy From Gulfport

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
I never understood Nacsar until I watched a race with some fans. I then understood why cars going in circles kept their attention
Can you elaborate? Every now and then I’ll spend a couple of months following an obscure sport to see if I like it. Would try NASCAR but it’s hard for me to see the appeal

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Can you elaborate? Every now and then I’ll spend a couple of months following an obscure sport to see if I like it. Would try NASCAR but it’s hard for me to see the appeal
Me and my brother have gotten into it this year. I went from thinking its cars driving in circles to not missing a race. I recommend watching the NASCAR: Full Speed on Netflix. It was where I started. Yes, it is cars going in circles, but there are so many levels that make it complex. You have pit strategy, tire/fuel strategy, stage strategy (do you give it your all to win a stage because you don’t think you can win the race). This is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s a very complex sport and once you understand some of the levels it becomes very entertaining!

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You need to attend a race at Talladega and watch the start of a race . After the start, when the cars get up to speed and come by you on the first "hot" lap, if it doesn't make the hair stand up on your neck you can go ahead and leave cause it ain't for you.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
You need to attend a race at Talladega and watch the start of a race . After the start, when the cars get up to speed and come by you on the first "hot" lap, if it doesn't make the hair stand up on your neck you can go ahead and leave cause it ain't for you.
I went to Talledega in 2010 but I just partied. Might have watched 30 seconds of the race

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Used to watch a little 15-20 years ago but never really got into it. It is more enjoyable to me live in person than on TV.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I went twice; first time, Bobby Hamilton just happened to get shuffled to the front and won the darn race. Not a single caution flag the entire race - BORING!!

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
My wife worked at Hendricks during the Johnson, Gordon, Earnhardt years. She was on Dales Communications team but they worked across all the drivers. I got super into it back then. Got to spend time in the shops and hang out. Real badass tech in the back rooms. Even have a couple Jimmie championship rings with my wife name on them. After she left followed for several years. Went to a ton of tracks. After all the changes every year to scoring I became disinterested. It was fun when we were in it though.