FC/OT: Apple's new iPad ad facing backlash from creatives...

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
What say you? Much ado about nothing or another brick in the road to Idiocracy? Critics calling it 'tone deaf', 'the death of the human experience', 'wildly narcissistic', and that Apple is saying the quiet part out loud - 'AI will do everything better than you.' Apple usually nails their ads but while I'm not as bleak as others (I think the gist was to show how much stuff they could fit into an iPad - not that it is replacing everything), the 1984'ish set and brutalist hydraulic pump don't help. Neither do bulging emoji eyes....

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
What say you? Much ado about nothing or another brick in the road to Idiocracy? Critics calling it 'tone deaf', 'the death of the human experience', 'wildly narcissistic', and that Apple is saying the quiet part out loud - 'AI will do everything better than you.' Apple usually nails their ads but while I'm not as bleak as others (I think the gist was to show how much stuff they could fit into an iPad - not that it is replacing everything), the 1984'ish set and brutalist hydraulic pump don't help. Neither do bulging emoji eyes....

I wont be here when the revolution comes. When it does it will be interesting for those that are here to see who the mob pulls into the street for the public executions. Somehow I suspect the HQ at Apple and Alphabet will be emptied first.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
Creative commercial if you want to navigate the shortest path to an AI and VR takeover. Brutalist, depressing, and nihilistic for those grasping to what is left of realism.

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Well enough of you already drool over engineered t!t$ and overfilled lips. May as well go all in …

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

Ehhh, I like it better than this one...

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Interesting that art and music are the first ones to go. Kind of like schools doing the same.