Love the hedge by “recruiting insiders” these days…

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
It goes like this….”if he goes elsewhere, it was because of NIL…….if NIL isn’t a big factor, our school has a real chance”. Covers the bases from both sides. So predictable.

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
NIL is only a factor when said player doesn’t pick your team.
If a player does flip to your team it’s because he chose development and coaching and team mentality over NIL money.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
NIL is only a factor when said player doesn’t pick your team.
If a player does flip to your team it’s because he chose development and coaching and team mentality over NIL money.
Right on. NIL made it such that no insider will ever be wrong due to this excuse that you laid out. “We had him until X school dropped a bag!!!”

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
Right on. NIL made it such that no insider will ever be wrong due to this excuse that you laid out. “We had him until X school dropped a bag!!!”
Honestly now with NIL CFB and the reasons I love it are going away. Not sure how much longer I will be vested in it. I started getting season tickets in 98. Now UGA is making more money than ever off tv contracts. Donations requirements go up. They beg for donations to renovate anything but they stack millions. Now they ask to donate to collectives so they can have a payroll to operate on that’s no expense to them.

Reactions: Bigwilly64

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
It goes like this….”if he goes elsewhere, it was because of NIL…….if NIL isn’t a big factor, our school has a real chance”. Covers the bases from both sides. So predictable.
It’s the new “noncommittable” offer

Reactions: Bigwilly64

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Honestly now with NIL CFB and the reasons I love it are going away. Not sure how much longer I will be vested in it. I started getting season tickets in 98. Now UGA is making more money than ever off tv contracts. Donations requirements go up. They beg for donations to renovate anything but they stack millions. Now they ask to donate to collectives so they can have a payroll to operate on that’s no expense to them.
I feel that as an alumnus I’m required to donate so it’s no change to me.

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
I feel that as an alumnus I’m required to donate so it’s no change to me.
I get that. It’s just the fact of the matter now to me. I love CFB in general. Well college sports in general. I would just hate to see the other sports turn to club sports.
Or the other conferences fall off and programs struggle to survive. Like the App States or Georgia Southerns. Or Troy type programs.

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
I get that. It’s just the fact of the matter now to me. I love CFB in general. Well college sports in general. I would just hate to see the other sports turn to club sports.
Or the other conferences fall off and programs struggle to survive. Like the App States or Georgia Southerns. Or Troy type programs.
I think you’ll see them still get paid to play some of the big programs. But they survived in FCS so they’ll survive in anything else.

Personally, I like the idea of relegation. Mainly because it would be hilarious to see Auburn be demoted.

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
I think you’ll see them still get paid to play some of the big programs. But they survived in FCS so they’ll survive in anything else.

Personally, I like the idea of relegation. Mainly because it would be hilarious to see Auburn be demoted.
The loser of the head to head vs Vandy is out.

Reactions: Ichabod

Holy Bull

Jan 8, 2022
Insiders are fortune tellers. Ambiguity is key. Deal 4 of the same Tarot cards in the same order 15 times, 15 different fortunes. “Well my brother in law’s cousin is the ball scuffer at LSU and he said the equipment manager said the defensive analyst said the kid said he’s 90% sure he’s signing but wants to take 7 more visits.”

That’s the information put out as gospel.

Latest posts