OT, how many remember this?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Worst beer ever? I drank a beer called Moose Drool at the Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole a few years ago that absolutely has to win the prize. It’s either the worst beer in the world or it really was real moose drool.

If it is was real, I'd love to meet the man's man who collected it.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Surprised no one has mentioned Miller Red. It was awful but it didnt matter back then.

Southpaw was the go to beer at the Landing back in the day.

patdog

May 28, 2007
: Patdog, it was your younger brother who dared me.
That is not surprising at all. 😂

Reactions: Mjoelner

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think there was a time in most of our lives where there was no such thing as a bad beer....especially if it was free or cheap.
I honestly have no recollection of Schaefer Light tasting that bad. Black Label Beer was another budget go-to.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I honestly have no recollection of Schaefer Light tasting that bad. Black Label Beer was another budget go-to.
Schaefer Light was a perfectly acceptable beer at one point. I don't know about all these rich mfers....but there was a point in my life where we drank whatever we could get our hands on. Case in point:

1715352599485.png

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I like good beer and there are several craft brews that I won’t blink an eye at paying $12 for a sixpack but it’s hard to beat a good ole Miller High Life. Drank several on the golf course yesterday.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I like good beer and there are several craft brews that I won’t blink an eye at paying $12 for a sixpack but it’s hard to beat a good ole Miller High Life. Drank several on the golf course yesterday.
The Champagne of Beers.

Aug 23, 2012
Yes, and I frequently listened to LSU games at night, driving home from our game. (and other SEC stuff)
We did not get stadium lights till about 1984 or so.
I was in Miami in the late 90's and had a friend who was a LSU fan. He wanted to listen to the FB game. I told him to go to the parking lot and tune into WW. He couldn't believe WWL would come in in Miami

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
In 1974 and 1975 we lived in an apartment right off old highway 25 across from where Obys is now. Liquor store on old 25 had a whiskey called OLD ROCKING CHAIR. IT WAS ABOUT $1.25 for a pint. We mixed it with Dr. Pepper and it was our drink of choice. I tried to find a bottle of it a few years ago for a gift to one of my roommates at the time but it was not to be found.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Schaefer Light was a perfectly acceptable beer at one point. I don't know about all these rich mfers....but there was a point in my life where we drank whatever we could get our hands on. Case in point:

View attachment 573454

Old Mil was Dom Perignon compared to Schaefer.

But, the only reason I know this is because I drank plenty of both. Schaefer is just the one I remember as being particularly awful. The Light was only purchased because it dulled the awfulness of the full lead version.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
That brings back memories. About 25 years ago four of us went to St Louis for a cardinals game. We did the AB Brewery tour beforehand. We were the last tour of the day and when we got to the sample tasting room The Cobra was one of the samples. Everyone else on the tour tasted and left, the four of us were drinking free beer before the game. The tour bartender finally told us that there was about a half keg of Cobra left and we had to be out by 5, it was around 3:30. We emptied the keg and left. Drunk and starving we ordered 50 hot wings at a bar to go. Smuggled them in Busch stadium. Sitting on top of the third base dugout drinking more beer and eating our wings, my buddy starts throwing his wing bones through the net onto the field. They actually warned him the first time, we got thrown out the second time. Bought four Cardinals T shirts from a street vendor, four tickets from a scalper and back in we go. We even ended up back in our original seats after we didn’t see the security guard who chunked us.

Del B Vista

Dec 9, 2010
Show your age. Who has spun a beer cold in under a minute in a bowl of ice?
There used to be machines in front of convenience stores in Starkville where you could a beer and a quarter in, and it would spin it to make it cold.

Anybody for champipple?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That brings back memories. About 25 years ago four of us went to St Louis for a cardinals game. We did the AB Brewery tour beforehand. We were the last tour of the day and when we got to the sample tasting room The Cobra was one of the samples. Everyone else on the tour tasted and left, the four of us were drinking free beer before the game. The tour bartender finally told us that there was about a half keg of Cobra left and we had to be out by 5, it was around 3:30. We emptied the keg and left. Drunk and starving we ordered 50 hot wings at a bar to go. Smuggled them in Busch stadium. Sitting on top of the third base dugout drinking more beer and eating our wings, my buddy starts throwing his wing bones through the net onto the field. They actually warned him the first time, we got thrown out the second time. Bought four Cardinals T shirts from a street vendor, four tickets from a scalper and back in we go. We even ended up back in our original seats after we didn’t see the security guard who chunked us.

That is a high quality day...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Strawberry Hill was panty remover in a bottle.
All that other **** was poverty and straw buyers.

LimaoCabeca

Nov 17, 2022
5E2E54B4-AD1D-42DF-86C8-4641BB46621A.png
Found a sixer of this buried in the back corner of a frat house freezer. Can’t say it was my favorite.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I was not familiar with KAAY and it might have come along after my time. We grew up listening to Larry LuJack on WLS in the 1960’s and 70’s. It would not come in during the day but after the small local stations either went off of the air or reduced their power in early evening WLS at 89 on the a.m. dial ( our only dial ) would start coming in and we could listen to it until about 6:00 the next morning. It was clear in good weather but if the weather was bad it had a lot of static. After I got grown and went on my first business trip to Chicago we had some time to kill before my flight home and the local guy I was traveling with ask if there was anything that I would like to see so I had him drive me by the WLS RADIO STATION. He was amazed that is the station we grew up listening too. It was just a small cinder block building with a little neon sign in the window but it was a significant part of my life. I was just a poor little country boy that had never been anywhere. I would listen to them tell about the weather on Lakeshore Drive or something and they might as well have been talking about the moon. It never occurred to me back then that you could actually travel there from Mississippi. To me it seemed like that would be a million miles away. Anyway, I have enjoyed this little trip down memory lane and Boones Farm. It made my day and made me wish I was young again.
I listened to WLS with Larry, Lou Jack, and John Records Landaker. FM stations did not start playing Rock 'n' roll until the late 1970s and early 1980s. Those nightly stations with rock 'n' roll were the only places you could find that kind of music.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I listened to WLS with Larry, Lou Jack, and John Records Landaker. FM stations did not start playing Rock 'n' roll until the late 1970s and early 1980s. Those nightly stations with rock 'n' roll were the only places you could find that kind of music.
Yes, good music options were limited back then. We listened to State baseball on WSSO out of Starkville. It was really neat, when they would go off of the air about 11:00 at night they would play Elvis singing the slow version of Dixie. I can remember cars pulling off on the side of the highway and sitting there until the song was over. That was in the 1960’s. It was a beautiful version of he song and people still honored the Old South. With regard to WLS and other a.m. stations back then, it’s all we had. Had never heard of f.m. Radio and our car certainly didn’t have an f.m. Dial.