FYI: Kendall rogers

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
God you know so very little.

yes. But there are Tuesday and Wednesday games to get to those games

The top teams are not going to bring their top arms back on short rest. The top teams also aren’t going to over extend their bullpen to win the sec tournament.

it’s not about the rest. It’s about how the tournament is managed, when you have nothing else to prove.

again go back to 1994 my friend. These discussions are way over your head
I didn’t say to bring your top arms back on short rest you dubmass.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I didn’t say to bring your top arms back on short rest you dubmass.
The sec tournament is a 5 day with no break tournament. It’s the longest stretch of no days off that players have dealt with all season. It’s going to put a strain on player and especially a pitching staff.

it’s not about the rest between the end of the tournament to next week. It’s about keep guys on track, keeping them in a routine and having them ready to go for that regional.

the top teams will be able to do this

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The sec tournament is a 5 day with no break tournament. It’s the longest stretch of no days off that players have dealt with all season. It’s going to put a strain on player and especially a pitching staff.

it’s not about the rest between the end of the tournament to next week. It’s about keep guys on track, keeping them in a routine and having them ready to go for that regional.

Fake news/Artificial Intelligence

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our fan base overrrates his without question. He's an average SEC middle infielder. He's a guy most every SEC roster contains, but he's not a guy that should be a KEY guy on any SEC team.

SEC coaches just voted him 1st team All SEC, but I'm sure you're right.

• Haha
Reactions: OG Goat Holder

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
SEC coaches just voted him 1st team All SEC, but I'm sure you're right.
They also voted Tommy white 2nd team.

when a guy that is hitting 341 with 23 homers and a 1100 ops while playing stellar defense can’t make the 1st team… kinda waters it down doesn’t it?

team performance is the trump card is all the awards given out by the sec in all sports

go look at lebanons numbers at alabama and compare to mershon… both inside and outside of conference. And you’ll see.

btw: USA Today put out there’s along with another publication. Neither had Mershon included on their lists

but congrats to him. We get screwed in other sports on awards. Glad it went our way this time

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They also voted Tommy white 2nd team.

when a guy that is hitting 341 with 23 homers and a 1100 ops while playing stellar defense can’t make the 1st team… kinda waters it down doesn’t it?

team performance is the trump card is all the awards given out by the sec in all sports
Yayuh mayun

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
3 and 4 hole hitters are now all time strike out leaders for msu . DJ #1 and Hines#2 with an all out race to the finish! yes they have been good at times but terrible when needed !

That's just sad & pathetic. Yet, I don't wholely (wholly?) blame them. Scouts, GMs, & the money ball saber metrics cult want this.

What can happen when the ball is put into play? The list is endless & it forces the defense to, ya know, defend.

What happens when you strike out, especially looking? Nothing. You're at bat contributed nothing towards the team goal of scoring more runs than the other.

If you strike out in situational hitting, as in trying too hard for a deep sac fly bc that's what your team needs, that's a bit more understandable.

But becoming an almost automatic out, how are you helping?

mad gran torino GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
3 and 4 hole hitters are now all time strike out leaders for msu . DJ #1 and Hines#2 with an all out race to the finish! yes they have been good at times but terrible when needed !
People keep worrying about our pitching. Our pitching has been pretty decent recently. It's our hitting that has not been consistent. We need to have some more consistency in our order. We don't necessarily need the long ball, but we usually play this park well because it does play well for teams who hit for balls in the gap, and we have a pretty good history of hitters who make a few hits in the gaps.

I think we have enough pitching to win this tournament or a regional. Our relief pitching. has been better. I just wonder if we have some clutch hitters.

patdog

May 28, 2007
God you know so very little.

yes. But there are Tuesday and Wednesday games to get to those games

The top teams are not going to bring their top arms back on short rest. The top teams also aren’t going to over extend their bullpen to win the sec tournament.

it’s not about the rest. It’s about how the tournament is managed, when you have nothing else to prove.

again go back to 1994 my friend. These discussions are way over your head
Except too teams DO bring their top pitchers back on short rest Sunday.

5 games in a row with 4 days rest is nothing. Many of these players won’t get 4 days off in 2 months starting in July.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

5 games in a row with 4 days rest is nothing. Many of these players won’t get 4 days off in 2 months starting in July.
When your body has been trained to play 3 games, take 2 days off, etc for 16 straight weeks. Then your asked to play 5 games in 5 days with no days off… it’s different. We can agree to disagree

and top teams don’t bring back their top arms on dunday

last year vandy, a top team, threw a guy making his 3rd career start in the championship

year before that a 53 win Tennessee team threw a guy making his first career start for the championship

year before that #1 Arkansas started a true freshman in the championship

Top teams don’t bring top arms back on Sunday on short rest. They keep them on their normal routine to stay ready for regionals

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Btw. Even in the cape. Teams get 1-2 off a week. It’s extremely rare they play more than 4 games in 4 days schedule wise.. And it’s rare for players to play every day as well.

Last edited:

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I think we're about to find out just how many Hoover wins are going to be required to host.
We beat Ole Miss tonight, there's 1. We'll win either Khal's or Loo's start, that'll be 2. If the bats wake up maybe we can take both and that'll be 3.

I don't see us going W tonight, then L and L. We haven't lost a Friday and Saturday combined yet this year.