FYI: Kendall rogers

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Per Kendall Roger’s podcast last night:

we need to win some GAMES (plural) in Hoover… to have a chance at playing at home during the regional round.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

we need to win some GAMES (plural) in Hoover… to have a chance at playing at home during the regional round.
I’m shocked he was so confident last week. Did he not realize what 3/4 would do to us ? Thats really surprising for someone whose job it is to cover this.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m shocked he was so confident last week. Did he not realize what 3/4 would do to us ? Thats really surprising for someone whose job it is to cover this.
Think I’ve heard him mentioning his projections are based on what they think will happen. They had wake as a 8-9 seed last week because they had wake winning that series against NC state.

think he was fully expecting a 4-0 week and a sweep of Missouri

Reactions: Predestined

patdog

May 28, 2007
When he's reporting facts or breaking news, he's the best. When he's giving opinions, you have to take anything he says with a huge grain of salt. His opinions are mostly biased garbage.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
When he's reporting facts or breaking news, he's the best. When he's giving opinions, you have to take anything he says with a huge grain of salt. His opinions are mostly biased garbage.
Our fans have been all over Teddy Cahill for not being nearly as confident of our hosting chances as the D1 guys and it now appears that Teddy maybe knew what he was talking about.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, that was wildly optimistic. We’ll be a tough out as a 2 seed somewhere. No way this team decides to magically start to step up up in Hoover.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Oh I actually think our pitching is generally fine. It’s the offensive depth and poor situational hitting and base running that is the bigger concern.
That too.
Put it all together and we’re a #2 seed that’ll win a couple of games somewhere before sacking the bats until next year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That too.
Put it all together and we’re a #2 seed that’ll win a couple of games somewhere before sacking the bats until next year.
I think we’ll repeat what softball did this weekend. Stephen beats the 3 seed, Cintje loses a close game vs the 1 seed, then the 3 seed takes us out pretty easily.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch
Dec 28, 2019
This team is a massive improvement over the last two years but when it's nut cutting time they got some quit in them. Definitely not very clutch. Lots of no shows for game 3 kinda team. Makes it really hard to figure out what they will do. They might look like world beaters for a game or two but when crunch time hits they will step on their own dicks. Edited to add I think that's why you see a lot of bitchin about the team. Kinda like the Bama series. Shoulda swept. Shoulda swept Mizzou. Several others I can't remember atm.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

Yes! We going 0-fer! Clutch is not in the makeup. Need Elijah and Mayor...someone to get it done and pull everyone the right way.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The harping on pitching is strange to me. Do people think we didn't sweep because of pitching when we gave up 9 runs in 3 games.

Just look at the SEC stats if you think pitching is a problem vs other teams.

We need to find more runs.
I’m thinking it’s the blown leads. Austin Peay, Arkansas twice, OM, Florida twice, South Alabama, Vandy (which we came back and won). Loo and Stephen really elevate our stats because they have been so good.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We've really got some shi tee fans. God some of you fold so easily. It's 100% about the draw for us in a regional. We can win or can lose depending on the draw because our margin of error is small.

Reactions: 17itdawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m thinking it’s the blown leads. Austin Peay, Arkansas twice, OM, Florida twice, South Alabama, Vandy (which we came back and won). Loo and Stephen really elevate our stats because they have been so good.
This. We have 2 good starters. We don’t forget to play or become less clutch on Sundays. We don’t have a quality arm going to the mound on Sundays.

the ol saying your only as good as the next days starting pitcher is applicable here. And our Sunday spot in the rotation hasn’t been good

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
At this point I have no idea what to expect in the postseason.
We could get quality starts from Auger and Kohn in Hoover (or a game 3/4 in regional), and Dohm could look like he's back to form while Gavin Black turns in consecutive superb performances. Meanwhile, DJ might go 10-for-15, Hines and Larry go yard multiple times, and Mershon and Hujsak scrap their way into all-whatever performances like we all know they can.

Or, we could get a complete bullpen meltdown, lose multiple baserunners doing stuff I chew on my 13/14 rec ballplayers for, strand double-digit runners, all while our coach makes head-scratching substitutions in the 7th inning of close ballgames.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

If we had bigger leads they wouldn't be blown as often.

Yeah, we've had some implosions, like most teams, but a lot of our truly ****** losses could have been avoided if we had simply scored runs against weak pitching.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We've really got some shi tee fans. God some of you fold so easily. It's 100% about the draw for us in a regional. We can win or can lose depending on the draw because our margin of error is small.
We all want to win this year, and we can. It’s the whole of the program that is concerning.

Reactions: LADog and patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

Yeah, we've had some implosions, like most teams, but a lot of our truly ****** losses could have been avoided if we had simply scored runs against weak pitching.
Yes everyone could win if they always scored more runs. But at some point you need a pen. We blew a 4 run lead against FL and OM after T8. We blew a 6 run lead to Arkansas after 3 innings. If you want to be good and have really good years you have to win those n

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Examples...

3-2 loss to Air Force

3-2 loss to Austin Peay

2-1 win over New Orleans (needed 11 innings to find 2 runs on NO midweek pitching??)

4-3 loss to Florida in game 3

3-2 loss to Georgia

4-3 loss to Mizzou in game 3 (probably to their game 1 level pitching, to be fair)

These losses are on the offense to me even though we lost leads in a number of them.

Be a little better on offense in two of these games (and their are other examples) and we're in a much better place.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
At this point I have no idea what to expect in the postseason.
We could get quality starts from Auger and Kohn in Hoover (or a game 3/4 in regional), and Dohm could look like he's back to form while Gavin Black turns in consecutive superb performances. Meanwhile, DJ might go 10-for-15, Hines and Larry go yard multiple times, and Mershon and Hujsak scrap their way into all-whatever performances like we all know they can.

Or, we could get a complete bullpen meltdown, lose multiple baserunners doing stuff I chew on my 13/14 rec ballplayers for, strand double-digit runners, all while our coach makes head-scratching substitutions in the 7th inning of close ballgames.

That's baseball...

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Who knew Kendall was one of us?
Over Your Head No GIF by Eternal Family

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
NC State sweeping Wake changed the calculus.
And UCSB moving to 10 in the RPI.
Our pen is trash and we don't have a 3rd starter. With Hujsak healthy, and Powell at C, our lineup is pretty decent.
It’s not one of our all time great pens but Davis and Auger have been very good and others have had nice moments. Our starting pitching on Fridays and Saturdays has helped a ton.

Reactions: She Mate Me

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
One issue lately is Mershon is struggling again. He has to pick it up.

Not the only issue, but he was an on base machine mid season. As someone else posted, the bottom is finally producing.

Yet, the top is regressing & the middle, heart of the lineup, is disappearing.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If NCAA decides to cut games down to 5 innings and eliminate baserunning, we have a good shot to get back to Omaha.***
I would accept us just using “ghost man” base runners like it’s a kickball game on the playground with a handful of friends

Reactions: HumpDawgy

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
One issue lately is Mershon is struggling again. He has to pick it up.
he went 6 for 15 last week
5 for 17 the week before that
7 for 16 the week before that

he went 1 for 13 this past week, and there was no mid week game.

Sometimes people have a bad weekend. He's had 1 in the month. It happens. This 19 for 61 during the month, suffices as a good month....

But i do agree, he's the key to the order. But i think we've gotten a lot from him, as I dont consider him that good of a hitter.