Let's just go ahead and get this baseball season over with so Kingston can be fired

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Should happen but won’t. We all know what will happen.

Tanner will dawdle around and wait until the season is over. Then maybe go after one guy that is highly regarded and whiff on him as usual. Then settle for some budget hire that nobody has ever heard of and wasn’t on the lists of any other legitimate programs.
DPOTD so far.

Reactions: Cockywilder
Mar 8, 2023
Ah yes, our miserable fan base: would rather the team lose so they can fire the coach. I would rather see them win.

If they don't win, I can see why folks want to move on from Kingston, but I think you only make a move if you can get who you want. And sorry, hiring Landon Powell is just stupid. You don't hire someone who has not coached D1. If Powell wasn't an alum, you'd want nothing to do with him.

The ECU coach sounds great, but others have tried and not lured him away. He's a king there. I think he only leaves if Ole Miss comes calling.

Louisville coach's star was big a few years ago, but they haven't been as great lately ... he may still be a good coach though.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
I'm pulling for the guy at North Greenville U to get the job if Kingston is let go!!!!!!!!

If he does leave NG for us, I hope another Carolina guy gets the head coaching job there as I love North Greenville U... NGU and Furman were the closest campuses to where my family originated (where I grew up til my parents divorced).

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Should happen but won’t. We all know what will happen.

Tanner will dawdle around and wait until the season is over. Then maybe go after one guy that is highly regarded and whiff on him as usual. Then settle for some budget hire that nobody has ever heard of and wasn’t on the lists of any other legitimate programs.
For all you and I know, RT has begun the replacement process. An I think it's better to wait until after the season concludes. Maybe not much long after conclusion.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
For all you and I know, RT has begun the replacement process. An I think it's better to wait until after the season concludes. Maybe not much long after conclusion.
Kingston's buy-out is reduced on 5/31.

Feb 24, 2024
Holbrook didn't lose his job over on-the-field performance. His blow-up with Buscher didn't help him and then in interviewed with his old friend who was the CoC AD behind everyone's back. CoC's former coach sued the school and won over the incident.
I forgot about Buscher leaving the staff midseason. Just did a Google search for news articles and everything seems very sanitized. Do you or anyone else have insights on what really happened between Holbrook and Buscher?

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Ah yes, our miserable fan base: would rather the team lose so they can fire the coach. I would rather see them win.

If they don't win, I can see why folks want to move on from Kingston, but I think you only make a move if you can get who you want. And sorry, hiring Landon Powell is just stupid. You don't hire someone who has not coached D1. If Powell wasn't an alum, you'd want nothing to do with him.

The ECU coach sounds great, but others have tried and not lured him away. He's a king there. I think he only leaves if Ole Miss comes calling.

Louisville coach's star was big a few years ago, but they haven't been as great lately ... he may still be a good coach though.
I agree and would def rather see the team win than pull for them to lose so a coach can get fired. However, Kingston has been 7 years so far and we have truly become a middle of the road program. We have really had only 2 good seasons as well as 2 really bad, historically bad seasons and then 3 "lets just get this done with seasons". I think wanting a new coach is what many want because there is no one who believes in Kingston anymore. If it was year 3 or 4 maybe give a little more time but after 7 seasons, we have seen what we are going to get and after all we had going, this isnt good enough.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I forgot about Buscher leaving the staff midseason. Just did a Google search for news articles and everything seems very sanitized. Do you or anyone else have insights on what really happened between Holbrook and Buscher?
Don;t know any of the particulars, I just know it was an ugly situation. There are a couple of member on TIF who seem to know a good bit more, but they aren't giving details either. But it seems to have had an effect on the whole clubhouse. baseballgirl20 would probably be your best bet to find out the details.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

mickray

May 20, 2023
I for all that we don't know, maybe he has not.

Latest posts