Penn State wrestling officially names Nick Lee its new assistant coach

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Good for Nick! He deserves it. I didn’t realize Pearsall left with Taylor also to be the recruiting coordinator at OSU. How does that affect PSU? Does his role get filled by someone new?

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Good for Nick! He deserves it. I didn’t realize Pearsall left with Taylor also to be the recruiting coordinator at OSU. How does that affect PSU? Does his role get filled by someone new?
Pearsall was at Penn, not psu.

Dec 23, 2021
@GregPickel, the article states it as a fact that Lee is done with his competitive career. I haven't seen any announcement of this, only references in some stories. Being on a college wrestling staff doesn't automatically mean someone is retiring from competition. Joseph and Hall are two recent examples of relatively young guys who have been simultaneously in coaching roles and active competitors. Has this been explicitly stated to you or just an assumption?

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
@GregPickel, the article states it as a fact that Lee is done with his competitive career. I haven't seen any announcement of this, only references in some stories. Being on a college wrestling staff doesn't automatically mean someone is retiring from competition. Joseph and Hall are two recent examples of relatively young guys who have been simultaneously in coaching roles and active competitors. Has this been explicitly stated to you or just an assumption?
That’s a fair point. It’s been implied that he’s competitive career was over (and the news release writes in past tense) but he has not expressly said that. I will see what I can find out.

Reactions: Jim from Spicewood

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I think Flo may have clarified that he is not done competing.

Reactions: Spice67

Latest posts