Toxic locker room?

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
As I have said going back to 247 Saban let his own process slip to continue to obtain elite talent dating back 5 years ago. He was part of the problem.

South of 40

Oct 15, 2023
Absolutely not. I'll give credit, Saban knew when to leave. Smart decision.
With this new age of cfb you'd think the GOAT could figure out how to manage it. But when the going got tough, just like when he left the Dolphins, this cat tucked tail and ran.
Bama fans can say all they want but when the playing field leveled off (TWICE NOW) this dude quit.
So maybe his named should be changed to the GOAT(as long as he has superior talent). When it's equal- he's nothing special

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
With this new age of cfb you'd think the GOAT could figure out how to manage it. But when the going got tough, just like when he left the Dolphins, this cat tucked tail and ran.
Bama fans can say all they want but when the playing field leveled off (TWICE NOW) this dude quit.
So maybe his named should be changed to the GOAT(as long as he has superior talent). When it's equal- he's nothing special
Exactly. He's no Pete Carroll.

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
As I have said going back to 247 Saban let his own process slip to continue to obtain elite talent dating back 5 years ago. He was part of the problem.
The recruiting rankings disagree with you.

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
Is recruiting not obtaining top talent? Let me know what I missed.
Not sure if you are purposely being obtuse.

Saban sacrificed his process to chase players who were highly ranked and did not fit the mold of an Alabama player. He used to be more specific on the type player he went after from a mental makeup and attitude that went along with the talent. It started back in the class with Antonio Alfano.

Last edited:

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
When he went spread he lost his mojo

Saban sacrificed his process to chase players who were highly and did not fit the mold of an Alabama player. He used to be more specific on the type player he went after from a mental makeup and attitude that went along with the talent. It started back in the class with Antonio Alfano.

Reactions: MattUGA1

dp rtr

May 1, 2023

Saban sacrificed his process to chase players who were highly ranked and did not fit the mold of an Alabama player. He used to be more specific on the type player he went after from a mental makeup and attitude that went along with the talent. It started back in the class with Antonio Alfano.
lol! You said he wasn’t obtaining talent. Did you read your post? Saban has always given guys second chances. Going all the way back to DJ hall. You can think there were problems, but it wasn’t around obtaining talent. How do you not think obtaining talent is the same as recruiting?

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
lol! You said he wasn’t obtaining talent. Did you read your post? Saban has always given guys second chances. Going all the way back to DJ hall. You can think there were problems, but it wasn’t around obtaining talent. How do you not think obtaining talent is the same as recruiting?
"let his own process slip to continue to obtain elite talent" I never said he was not.

What I'm saying he decided to say **** his process and went star shopping dating back to 2019. He was taking anyone and everyone. He used to move with that mantra of the Bama/Saban process. He made sure they fit the Bama mold. Of course there are always some bad apples you take a flyer on but it's been an abundance of them since 19.

Last edited:

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
"let his own process slip to continue to obtain elite talent" I never said he was not.

What I'm saying he decided to say **** his process and went star shopping dating back to 2019. He was taking anyone and everyone. He used to move with that mantra of the Bama/Saban process. He made sure they fit the Bama mold. Of course there are always some bad apples you take a flyer on but it's been an abundance of them since 19.
Agree to disagree?

We’ve had plenty of players that have had issues that were kicked off the team well before that. Maybe you guys didn’t notice as much as UGA wasn’t as relevant until 2012?

I think the issue is assistant coaches were concerned he was going to retire and wouldn’t come to Bama unless Saban said he would be there for a certain amount of time. So the assistant coaches as a full group just weren’t as good. Versus in 2010, any coach in amaerica would leave his job to take a lateral movement job at Alabama. Or in a lot of cases a lesser job.

CKD

Jan 24, 2022
Just when you think you've seen the dumbest post(typically by the ball licker pug fans) on this board? Some clown posts this type of drivel. Oh and then the ball lickers hump the clowns leg.

Reactions: Gordlite

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
Just when you think you've seen the dumbest post(typically by the ball licker pug fans) on this board? Some clown posts this type of drivel. Oh and then the ball lickers hump the clowns leg.
It was literally a Saban quote.

• Haha
Reactions: Chuck Nasty

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
Agree to disagree?

We’ve had plenty of players that have had issues that were kicked off the team well before that. Maybe you guys didn’t notice as much as UGA wasn’t as relevant until 2012?

I think the issue is assistant coaches were concerned he was going to retire and wouldn’t come to Bama unless Saban said he would be there for a certain amount of time. So the assistant coaches as a full group just weren’t as good. Versus in 2010, any coach in amaerica would leave his job to take a lateral movement job at Alabama. Or in a lot of cases a lesser job.
It’s laughable to say UGA wasn’t relevant when they were at the proverbial “doorstep” since Richt took over.

Unless you’re saying winning natties is the only way to attain relevance, which would put you in a pickle if you think Bama has been relevant since Covid…

Mar 1, 2024
I really hope Saban isn’t just going to ***** about how bad college football is now that he’s retired

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
It’s laughable to say UGA wasn’t relevant when they were at the proverbial “doorstep” since Richt took over.

Unless you’re saying winning natties is the only way to attain relevance, which would put you in a pickle if you think Bama has been relevant since Covid…
I don’t really recall UGA being relevant in November (in the hunt for a national championship late in the season) a whole lot pre 2012. We’re not talking off season championships. Did I miss a year in there? #wristsout

Last edited:

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
I don’t really recall UGA being relevant in November (in the hunt for a national championship late in the season) a whole lot pre 2012. We’re not talking off season championships. Did I miss a year in there? #wristsout
“Hunt for national championship” and “relevant” are 2 different things don’t conflate them.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
In the late 80s and then 90s we were mostly irrelevant sure. Early 2000s Richt years before Urban really got things rolling at Florida we were absolutely relevant. Probably would have had a natty or at least a real shot at one in 2002 and 2007 if the BCS wasn’t around. Those franchione Shula years weren’t the best times for bama though so I understand not remembering

Reactions: dp rtr

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
In the late 80s and then 90s we were mostly irrelevant sure. Early 2000s Richt years before Urban really got things rolling at Florida we were absolutely relevant. Probably would have had a natty or at least a real shot at one in 2002 and 2007 if the BCS wasn’t around. Those franchione Shula years weren’t the best times for bama though so I understand not remembering
2007 is a one off. South Florida and Kansas both had better shots than UGA and most everybody else outside of LSU at points late in that season. And in 2002 I was 13 so yeah don’t remember as much about it then.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
2007 is a one off. South Florida and Kansas both had better shots than UGA and most everybody else outside of LSU at points late in that season. And in 2002 I was 13 so yeah don’t remember as much about it then.
Well UGA finished 2nd in the AP in 07 and was peaking at the end. I would feel very good about that team in the playoffs

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
Well UGA finished 2nd in the AP in 07 and was peaking at the end. I would feel very good about that team in the playoffs
Going into championship week they weren’t. We can agree to disagree. Again, really weird one off year.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Going into championship week they weren’t. We can agree to disagree. Again, really weird one off year.
They were 4th heading into championship week. Seems pretty relevant to me. The Dawgs also had 6 double digit win seasons in that 8 year stretch with 5 top 10 AP finishes. It wasn’t a weird one off year, it was a program consistently in the mix

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
So that means Bama wasn’t relevant in 2022?
With 2 losses, the team was not relevant. They weren’t in consideration for the playoff really. The program was, but the team wasn‘t (per josh pate, program meaning a rolling 3 year period.

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
With 2 losses, the team was not relevant. They weren’t in consideration for the playoff really. The program was, but the team wasn‘t (per josh pate, program meaning a rolling 3 year period.
I commend you on your consistency, and have no quarrels with you saying UGA wasn’t relevant since you seem to be able to apply that same logic to Bama unlike a fanboy…

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
So let me get this right…..with one of his least talented teams and a “broken locker room”, Saban still bent UGA and LSU over?

Latest posts