Who was the genius here telling me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
we would have a 3 game lead over UPig by the end of Feb....I should have pulled a Ronny to archive cause I cant remember...Do you Pat? You were on that bandwagon after it was posted....

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
we would have a 3 game lead over UPig by the end of Feb....I should have pulled a Ronny to archive cause I cant remember...Do you Pat? You were on that bandwagon after it was posted....

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't remember who posts what most of the time. I do remember that I said it wasn't that far-fetched, though. Not that I thought we would have a 3-game lead. And hell, it's still not all that far-fetched. Here's what would need to happen:

Ark lose at Kentucky - Pretty safe bet.
Ark to lose at Bama - I'd say 40% chance.
MSU win at USC - Again, about 40% chance.
MSU win at home vs. Auburn - Pretty safe bet.

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
There are 2 games left in February....

By your theory then,

ALL HAIL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS...2008 NFL CHAMPIONS

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
that said we'd go 2-4 in the 6 games after starting 4-0, and we actually went 4-2? Oh, that was you.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
but I don't think anyone that said Auburn would give us trouble should be starting posts making fun of anyone elses predictions.

Just off the top of my head:

1) Alabama will beat us at Tuscaloosa
2) Auburn will be a bad matchup for us at Auburn
3) We will be lucky to go 2-4 over the next 6 games (Actual record 4-2)
4) John Brady was a good coach
5) Last but not least, when I posted at the start of the SEC season that I thought we would go 11-5, his response? "Good luck with that one, Hillary".

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I think Coach also said:
1. "He invented the internet"
2. "Communism will never fall"
3. "Ali will never beat Frazier"
4. "Buy Worldcom stock while it is only $50 a share"
5. "Enron is a great company"
6. "Jim Baker is a true man of God"
7. "Bobby shot J.R."
8. "Pam Anderson's boobs are real"
9. "It's just a rash baby don't worry about it"
10. "Brokeback Mountain is a great western"

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
prediction-wise. But over the last 4 years I have also had some pretty damn good ones.

And I thought we proved with the actual numbers that Brady and Ricky had almost the exact same numbers the last 10 years. And many of you state Ricky is a good coach, so therefore how can Brady be a bad one?
Saying he wasnt as consistent would be correct, but you cant really honestly say he was a bad coach

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________But over the last 4 years I have also had some pretty damn good ones._________________________________________________

And even the predictions you missed, you really thought the opposite would happen...so technically, you haven't missed in nearly four years!!! Congrats!!

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________And I thought we proved with the actual numbers that Brady and Ricky had almost the exact same numbers the last 10 years. And many of you state Ricky is a good coach, so therefore how can Brady be a bad one?_________________________________________________

on that same note if their numbers are even how can you say Brady is a good coach and Stans is a bad one?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Ricky was a bad one. I've said he is an average floor coach. But he does do a very good job most years of recruiting talent

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
But you've stated that the postseason is the only true judge of a coach and so far Rick hasn't managed to make it past the first weekend.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
You still don't get it, do you? It's not being wrong in predictions, everyone is wrong at least a little. It's a combination of your unwillingness to admit when you are wrong and your arrogance and glee when you can **** on someone else's predictions, especially when yours are way off anyway. Case in point, ripping someone for suggesting we would be up by 3 games at the end of February when you had predicted that we would go 2-4 through a stretch this season when we actually went 4-2.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________But you've stated that the postseason is the only true judge of a coach _________________________________________________

I never said it was the only measure, but it is by far the most important.

An example- Pete Carrill at Princeton. Had a very good career as a coach in the Ivy League. What is he always remembered for? Beating UCLA and making a Sweet 16. That run validated his entire career is changed the way the man was viewed.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________for winning an assload of games. _________________________________________________

in the Ivy League

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
when did Pete Carril make a sweet 16? He is known for something that never happened? Something that never happened validated his entire career?

I know everyone already knows this, but...you sir, are a big idiot.

Pete Carril's post season history:

1969, loss in first round
1976, loss in first round
1977, loss in first round
1981, loss in first round
1983, loss in second round
1984, loss in first round
1989, loss in first round
1990, loss in first round
1991, loss in first round
1992, loss in first round
1996, loss in second round

edit: I misspelled Pete Carril's name

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
The man made 11 trips to the NCAAs and his offense is still run in college basketball today. Those are the things he is remembered for, his offense and all of his wins. He isn't remembered for doing things in the NCAAs.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
that was the 2nd round...I totally dropped the ball on that one.

But the point is still the same. Making the 2nd round at Princeton is equal to us any another power conference school making a Sweet 16. They are just overmatched talentwise and have no business beating a power school. Therefore, it changed the way the man is viewed when he pulled a monumental upset in the Tourney

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________He isn't remembered for doing things in the NCAAs._________________________________________________

Are you kidding? CBS shows a clip of them beating UCLA every year. That game is mentioned every time when he is mentioned today

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________CBS shows a clip of them beating UCLA every year_________________________________________________
That's because they are showing clips of classic upsets in the NCAA Tourney. They also show Valpo over Ole Miss. Does that mean that Valpo's coach is remembered alongside Carril?
Quote:_________________________________________________That game is mentioned every time when he is mentioned today_________________________________________________
So they mention one game over the big thing he brought to college basketball, his offense? Or even over all this wins and trips to the Tourney? I highly doubt that.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That's gonna leave a mark. Carrill's NCAA tournament record is actually worse than the rest of the Ivy League's NCAA tournament record during his career.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Carrill's NCAA tournament record is actually worse than the rest of the Ivy League's NCAA tournament record during his career._________________________________________________
But, but, but that's what Carrill is remembered for. I find it funny that Peaches praises Carrill for making it to the second round and bitches at Stans for doing the same thing. And he can say what he wants about it being a small school, but small schools have made it past the second round before with coaches far less remembered than Carrill.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ever hear of Bob Weinhauer? He took Penn to the NCAA finals in 1979. Not to mention that Bill Carmody beat UNLV in the NCAA tournament at Princeton two years after Carrill retired.

GrenadaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
BUMP....this needs to be pinned to the top until March 1st. Or at the very least, bumped every 15 minutes to keep it at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.