Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
You gotta know when to fold 'em.
No, his problem was not knowing when to walk away. Walk away from tips on taking the under for Hawkeye football. Do not walk away from mandatory gambling compliance training.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I find it interesting that the Iowa fanbase is irate with the NCAA, when the investigation started at the state level. That’s why Iowa and Iowa State were getting caught up in all of this.

Reactions: SRATH

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Flo and Pyles have a nice little blurb on Messenbrink and how things might shape up for him. I didn't realize MM had beaten Haines 2 years ago for the junior team. The next year Haines is in the finals. The kid MM beat this past weekend beat Shane Griffith twice last year. The list of guys who have done that has to be pretty short.

I tried to do what Greg and others did above.......and I simply don't know how.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ElDuce

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I tried to do what Greg and others did above.......and I simply don't know how.

I fixed it for you. Interestingly, I saw the piece a couple of hours ago while I was on a Zoom call, and meant to post it when that was over, but my better half decided we needed to resolve dates for an upcoming trip, book flights, etc.

Reactions: SRATH

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Yes, 125 is the land of mayhem. I wouldn't want the top seed at nationals, that's for sure!

I agree with the 1st part -- no other weight class is so wide open this year. Somebody said somewhere on social media (I'm usually good at remembering who, and would credit them if I could, but I think I saw it at @ 3:30 am as I was falling asleep, and I don't remember the person that posted it) that the mess at 125 started when Spencer Lee lost in the semis at NCAAs, and it has been unrelenting since then.

As for the 2nd part of your post, I disagree with that. The #1 seed almost always has the easiest path to get to the finals. If things go to chalk, they have the easiest quarterfinal (compared to the other seeds), with the #8 seed. With the mayhem that has been prevalent at that weight this year, the difference between the top 8 seeds (perhaps more) could be marginal, so that quarters match could be really tough. Still, I'd rather face the 33rd seed in R1, and the 16th (or 17th) seed in R2, than any of the other options.

Edit: here's the tweet (and reply) I referenced in the 1st paragraph, that I just found while searching for something else:

Last edited:

Latest posts