Chris Jones tweets support for @buttkicker7

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It’s not really the same situation but it is the complete opposite reaction as before which is the whole point he’s making.
One protested against his country while on the job, working in the country paying him millions. The other spoke at a Catholic university which holds the same values as himself WHILE OFF THE JOB.

Buying jerseys for a man they support doesn’t equate supporting the NFL. It equates supporting that player. I don’t see how supporting the player is the same as supporting the NFL (who doesn’t even support the player in question).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
One protested against his country while on the job, working in the country paying him millions. The other spoke at a Catholic university which holds the same values as himself WHILE OFF THE JOB.

Buying jerseys for a man they support doesn’t equate supporting the NFL. It equates supporting that player. I don’t see how supporting the player is the same as supporting the NFL (who doesn’t even support the player in question).
You’re still overthinking it.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

About that...

Reactions: MoronDawg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

If you are a big commencement speech connoisseur and enjoy rewarding good speeches by buying jerseys, books, music or whatever, my example really wasn't about you. Your hobbies are your hobbies.

My example was about people crying about opinions from entertainers that don't have any direct impact on their lives. And the people that originally supported the opinion that caused said crying are now crying about a totally different set of opinions from a different entertainer. And when people get upset these days, they want the side they don't agree with to lose their jobs or be bankrupted. Cancel culture has a firm grip on a good chunk of American demographics sadly.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Look at everyone taking everything out of context. Even the religious sisters are guilty. It's really embarrassing.
I don't know, I trust the Benedictine Order to know the values of Benedictine College.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don't know, I trust the Benedictine Order to know the values of Benedictine College.
Don’t let me speak for you, onewoof, but I bet he means that Butker wasn’t saying women’s best place is in the kitchen. He was saying that the highest calling in their lives will be as a wife and mother JUST AS THE HIGHEST CALLING FOR A MAN IS HUSBAND AND FATHER. I put that in bold so it’s easier to understand. He wasn’t saying women should not be in the workforce at all. He was saying that women have been mislead in thinking that their purpose would be found in a career and not in their family.

The sisters sadly don’t understand this somehow but I'm honestly not surprised.

Reactions: AlCoDog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Don’t let me speak for you, onewoof, but I bet he means that Butker wasn’t saying women’s best place is in the kitchen. He was saying that the highest calling in their lives will be as a wife and mother JUST AS THE HIGHEST CALLING FOR A MAN IS HUSBAND AND FATHER. I put that in bold so it’s easier to understand. He wasn’t saying women should not be in the workforce at all. He was saying that women have been mislead in thinking that their purpose would be found in a career and not in their family.

The sisters sadly don’t understand this somehow but I'm honestly not surprised.

This is actually meant as a question, not a statement.

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that nuns, who are apparently not called to be wives and mothers in the traditional sense, might struggle a bit to understand those who are??

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I said to my wife "Can you believe what he said?.......unbelievable........now go make me a sammitch!"****

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

You’re still overthinking it.
Or under thinking it. Hard to tell.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This is actually meant as a question, not a statement.

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that nuns, who are apparently not called to be wives and mothers in the traditional sense, might struggle a bit to understand those who are??
I don't know. My priest one time told me that fatherhood was considered a higher calling than the priesthood. Not sure if that's doctrine but he presented it as the Catholic position. Basically said that was the justification behind the discipline of celibacy. If you're a priest and become a father, your flock is now secondary.

Not sure how consistently that is taught and/or whether it's basically the same belief regarding motherhood and being a nun.

Reactions: She Mate Me

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What is becoming obvious is that the culture is going one way and the Catholic youth are not going that way

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Is this still a thing? Had he cited his Muslim beliefs and said the same exact things, he would be lauded for his courage and bravery.
This. A lot of the people bashing Butker are also supporting Hamas...and Hamas makes laws enforcing Butker's beliefs about women, jews, and the alphabet people.

Butker also criticized modern day Bishops and Priests for not doing their jobs properly. In fact, he spent more time talking about that than anything else.

He was open about his religious beliefs. I don't think he should be punished for that. It was even part of his speech, that Catholics need to stop hiding their faith.

Last edited: