Favorite Duran Duran songs...

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
Probably overplayed, but Rio. Wasn’t there a more “European” version of the Girls on Film video?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Slightly OT...David Coverdale is an a$$hole.
was backstage in '87 when they came to Jackson. can confirm. major A-hole. Tommy Aldridge was raised in Pearl and his family still lived there. My roommate grew up next door to them. Tommy's sister got us backstage passes and we hung out with Aldridge, his family, Rudy Sarzo, Vivian Campbell, and Adrian Vandenberg before and after the show. Stood on the sound board stage during the show. Coverdale waltzed in with Tawny Kittaen about fifteen minutes before they were to go onstage, went to his dressing room, and never came and hung out with or spoke to Aldridge's family the entire night. The rest of the guys were very down to earth and chill.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man. That list could go on a long time. Saw the live last year in New Orleans. If you get a chance, do yourself a favor and see them while there still near their peak. Incredible concert. Opened by Nile Rogers, who is also incredible

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
the first tape i ever owned was Duran Duran .......I listened to/watched all of these videos and got reminded how ghey the early 80s music was....(my second tape ever was Beastie Boys, third Run DMC)

Reactions: Guy From Gulfport

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
was backstage in '87 when they came to Jackson. can confirm. major A-hole. Tommy Aldridge was raised in Pearl and his family still lived there. My roommate grew up next door to them. Tommy's sister got us backstage passes and we hung out with Aldridge, his family, Rudy Sarzo, Vivian Campbell, and Adrian Vandenberg before and after the show. Stood on the sound board stage during the show. Coverdale waltzed in with Tawny Kittaen about fifteen minutes before they were to go onstage, went to his dressing room, and never came and hung out with or spoke to Aldridge's family the entire night. The rest of the guys were very down to earth and chill.
Didn’t Tommy Aldridge play drums with black oak Arkansas?
Shat I’m old

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
  1. Rio (The whole album)
  2. New Moon on Monday
  3. Girls on Film
  4. A View to a Kill
  5. Come Undone
  6. and this one...

Wow. I feel like I haven't heard that song since it was a regular vid on MTV. Almsot thought I should be wearing my knit and no socks, Miami vice pastels.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I didn’t realize they had any good songs.

ETA: just listened to a few of the videos posted, that’s got to be some of the worst music ever made.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wow. I feel like I haven't heard that song since it was a regular vid on MTV. Almsot thought I should be wearing my knit and no socks, Miami vice pastels.
The Rio album was something. It's hard to like a single song on that album.
If you can watch the musicians discussing how they made that album on the Behind the Music album special from VH1, you really should.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Bunch of great dance remixes of this
Simon Le Bon says they weren't dance remixes. Duran Duran actually went back into the studio and recorded 12" club singles of their songs. They wanted control of their music, and they didn't know any other way to add to expand their taped songs.

For the original question, Hungry Like the Wolf is one of my favorite songs to put me in a party mood. Love the laughing woman intro.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Funny you should say that - Here's PowerStation (2 of the Duran Duran guys, unfortunately without Robert Palmer fronting - that's Michael Des Barres) on Miami Vice. Look at all that awesome hair.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is basically a boy band that makes terrible music, laughably bad music

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is basically a boy band that makes terrible music, laughably bad music

I see threads all the time about bands I don't know or don't like. Never crosses my mind to go in and **** on their music and the fans who like them.

You not liking something doesn't equate to you knowing wtf you're talking about...

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I didn’t realize they had any good songs.

ETA: just listened to a few of the videos posted, that’s got to be some of the worst music ever made.
Out all the videos posted I did like Ordinary World. But the rest…..not so much.