Eye Opening Article- It’s pretty clear Sandusky is most likely Innocent

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Dislike her all you want, but this is highly inappropriate. Where are the mods to delete this kind of stuff?
So is sending our three administrators to jail !

COMMUNITY BANKING

BNY Mellon's Karen Peetz: The Most Powerful Woman in Banking​

September 25, 2016, 10:00 p.m. EDT3 Min Read
President, BNY Mellon

Paterno, Others Slammed In Report For Failing To Protect Sandusky's Victims​

JULY 12, 2012

"The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley never demonstrated, through actions or words, any concern for the safety and well-being of Sandusky's victims until after Sandusky's arrest."

Update at 4:03 p.m. ET. Board Takes 'Full Responsibility': 🤔(TO NAME THE SCARFICIAL LAMBS)

In a televised press conference that just concluded, the university's Board of Trustees said it takes "full responsibility" for the school's failings.

Rodney Erickson, Penn State's president, said this was "the most painful chapter in the university's history."

Karen Peetz, the board's chairwoman, said that not only were they taking full responsibility, but they would make sure to take the necessary steps to keep something like this from happening ever again.

The Penn State brass was repeatedly pressed on why they didn't do more to stop Sandusky from molesting children.

Kenneth Frazier, another trustee, said the board wasn't aware of the allegations and that it wasn't because the board didn't ask sufficient questions, it was because there was an unwillingness from the university leadership including former president Graham Spanier to turn over information.

"In retrospect, we wish we would have press someone who we had complete trust in," said Frazier. In retrospect, he said, "I wish we had pressed more."

Erickson said the university had not renewed the contract of Mike McQueary, the assistant coach who saw Sandusky molesting a boy.

Refusing to comment on the employment status of athletic director Tim Curley, Erickson said personnel decisions would be taken in the coming days.

Last edited:

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
thanks for posting, with the benefit of hindsight there are still many things to learn from this debacle. First, the army of parasites that sought to exploit Joe's integrity during his prime as a coach is just appalling. Second, Joe was in the end just a human; my opinion of him began to change when he represented the PA republican delegation in the 1988 convention, and then when he apologized for Casey a few years later. Third, while I am convinced that he knew not of Sandusky's doings, his instincts were revealed during his departure, especially with regards to access to the facilities. Fourth, the manner and rate at which PSU submitted to its punishment speaks to a larger more powerful group seeking to divert blame at the expense of the man who they relied on if not exploited to build the prestige they craved. Fifth, the trumpet solo at his funeral remains one of the best, most meaningful musical performances in the history of performing arts. I listen to it once a year to remind myself what an epic era we had the privilege to enjoy.

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
Yes, Alan was a teenager and basically part of the family, which is why Jerry didn’t think anything of it. He is pictured in the article with Jerry at his own wedding, in Marine uniform, which makes that argument even more laughable.
A guy that should be ashamed of himself. Obvious money grab. Hides to avoid appearing in court. Disgusting

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Dislike her all you want, but this is highly inappropriate. Where are the mods to delete this kind of stuff?
Signore,
You’re correct in my using a very inappropriate phrase in my post…….I apologize …..

Appropriately, my expression should have been ……..

Field dressed her like a Christmas goose.

I’m assuming that you do understand the heartache that woman and her close colleagues brought upon our university and our alumni.

Last edited:

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
Good lord, wrong date, semantics, Sandusky was a sick fck that cost Paterno and this University dearly.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Uncle Fester?
Morris Chestnut Ok GIF by Bounce

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
This doesn't address what MM told his dad and Dr. Dranov, who told him to report to Paterno the next day, which they say he did. The date mix-up doesn't matter if MM went the next day to Paterno, whichever day that is, since the article wants to suggest a delay in reporting the incident means whatever MM saw wasn't serious and that he was only going to Paterno about a job. There are a lot of things to pick apart about Sandusky, mainly the lack of any real hard evidence against him, but this date stuff is flimsy IMO.

One thing is for sure, there are a bunch of liars involved in this whole thing.

Conrad questioned Dranov about his status as a mandated reporter of suspected child abuse because he is a physician. Dranov said because of what McQueary described and because he was not a witness to it, the incident was not a mandated report.

Asked if he thought it was “bad enough” to call police or child welfare agencies that night, Dranov said no.

“I don’t want to give the implication I didn’t think it was a serious incident,” Dranov said. “I did. I followed up to make sure he reported it.“

Dranov urged McQueary to report the incident to his supervisor, which he understood to be Penn State’s procedures.

McQueary reported the incident to Joe Paterno the next morning, and Paterno reported it to then-Athletic Director Tim Curley and Schultz, who spoke with McQueary but dispute that he told them anything sexual had occurred. Among McQueary’s lawsuit claims is that Curley and Schultz misrepresented what they would do with the information he gave them.
That part is the dumbest thing though. Report to your supervisor about two people not affiliated to the university. That cracks me up and dranov and the Mcquearies knew better. Tried to “shift the monkey” off of their backs and put it on someone else’s back!
Paterno

Last edited:

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
That part is the dumbest thing though. Report to your supervisor about two people not affiliated to the university. That cracks me up and dranov and the Mcquearies knew better. Tried to “shift the monkey” off of their backs and put it on someone else’s back!
Paterno
I don’t know about that. It happened at his place of work and Sandusky was affiliated with the university. He had an office and open access to the facilities, didn’t he?

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I don’t know about that. It happened at his place of work and Sandusky was affiliated with the university. He had an office and open access to the facilities, didn’t he?
Wasn't that part thanks to Rodney Erickson though?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Wasn't that part thanks to Rodney Erickson though?
I don’t think so. Erickson came after Spanier. Sandusky had access to the facilities after he retired in 1999. I understand that Erickson was the provost at the time, but doesn’t the buck stop at the President? The permitted access for Sandusky would have fallen on Spanier and Curley giving him access to the athletic facilities? Who would have possibly thought this was a good idea? So many examples of bad judgement in this debacle.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbrown

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Like most here, I’ve been following this debacle since the schit hit the fan. But something just occurred to me - has anyone ever claimed that Sandusky showered with them in his home? I can’t recall if that’s ever come up.

Think about it…if he’s going to do that in a public building on the campus of a “public” university, it seems plausible that he’d also do it in the comfort of his own home. You know, where showers are private.

I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to get Dottie out of the house for a few hours.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I don’t think so. Erickson came after Spanier. Sandusky had access to the facilities after he retired in 1999. I understand that Erickson was the provost at the time, but doesn’t the buck stop at the President? The permitted access for Sandusky would have fallen on Spanier and Curley giving him access to the athletic facilities? Who would have possibly thought this was a good idea? So many examples of bad judgement in this debacle.
Erickson is the one who signed off on giving Sandusky emeritus status.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Like most here, I’ve been following this debacle since the schit hit the fan. But something just occurred to me - has anyone ever claimed that Sandusky showered with them in his home? I can’t recall if that’s ever come up.

Think about it…if he’s going to do that in a public building on the campus of a “public” university, it seems plausible that he’d also do it in the comfort of his own home. You know, where showers are private.

I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to get Dottie out of the house for a few hours.
Not that I'm aware of. But, then, why would he do it in Lasch?

Reactions: step.eng69 and LB99

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
As President yes but I think he had more sway in granting Emeritus Status, which is what he did.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Just curious. How many of you actually think Sandusky is 100% innocent?

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
So, the provost has more power than the president?
I wouldn't think so but then everything around that time period was just messed up. I guess he had enough cache to slide right into Graham's spot. 🤷‍♂️

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Erickson is the one who signed off on giving Sandusky emeritus status.
But why did Erickson have that power? Is that a normal duty of the provost? Does the president have to sign off on those things? Does the President normally grant this himself or did he delegate these duties to the provost? Look, I understand everyone wants to blame the people who were left standing after the sh*t hit the fan, but don’t those that allowed Sandusky to stick around after retirement bear some culpability? Are we saying that Spanier and Curley didn’t know the Sandusky had access to the athletic facilities on campus? Surely, they had to have know that?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I wouldn't think so but then everything around that time period was just messed up. I guess he had enough cache to slide right into Graham's spot. 🤷‍♂️
I’m sorry. I have to think that both Spanier and Curley knew Sandusky had access to the PSU facilities. I’m not buying that it all fell on Erickson as provost.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
But why did Erickson have that power? Is that a normal duty of the provost? Does the president have to sign off on those things? Does the President normally grant this himself or did he delegate these duties to the provost? Look, I understand everyone wants to blame the people who were left standing after the sh*t hit the fan, but don’t those that allowed Sandusky to stick around after retirement bear some culpability? Are we saying that Spanier and Curley didn’t know the Sandusky had access to the athletic facilities on campus? Surely, they had to have know that?
I know nothing about the responsibilities that go with these titles. Somebody else in here surely will.
Ultimately, it all lies at the feet of those with the most authority. Looks like Spanier promised it so he bears responsibility for it. But Erickson apparently signed off on it, so he absolutely also bears responsibility for it.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I’m sorry. I have to think that both Spanier and Curley knew Sandusky had access to the PSU facilities. I’m not buying that it all fell on Erickson as provost.
I don't doubt they knew I'm just not sure they were thrilled about it.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I know nothing about the responsibilities that go with these titles. Somebody else in here surely will.
Ultimately, it all lies at the feet of those with the most authority. Looks like Spanier promised it so he bears responsibility for it. But Erickson apparently signed off on it, so he absolutely also bears responsibility for it.
But all these years, everyone puts that blame on Erickson alone. Why? He’s an easy target, I guess?

Reactions: Erial_Lion

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Typically it rests with the provost to grant emeritus status.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Typically it rests with the provost to grant emeritus status.
Interesting. So Spanier had no say in the matter? Then why did he promise it to Sandusky before Erickson granted it? Is the President not the boss of the provost? Something doesn’t add up. Sounds like maybe the leadership at PSU was a** backwards BEFORE the scandal, not just since which seems to be a daily discussion on here.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
But all these years, everyone puts that blame on Erickson alone. Why? He’s an easy target, I guess?
It’s not that difficult to understand why, really. Spanier, Paterno, Schultz, Curley all lost their jobs over this with three of them going to jail and the other dying. Meanwhile Erickson got promoted up to president and had his name put on a beloved building on campus.