“Rolling Stone, MS”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
As a child I always thought POTUS was just about the most amazing person on earth..

These days I just wish we’d elect one who wouldn’t embarrass us.
Unfortunately, we're gonna go thru a 12 year span of Presidents where we as Mississippians have only had 3 choices to elect to the Presidency: Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump & Joe Biden.

3 crappy options.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
One of these days there will be a candidate that isn’t to old to put his pants on without help and remembers his name and one that does t lie through is teeth and not get indicted. Don’t see it happening in 2024 but sooner or later it will (being overly optimistic).

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One of these days there will be a candidate that isn’t to old to put his pants on without help and remembers his name and one that does t lie through is teeth and not get indicted. Don’t see it happening in 2024 but sooner or later it will (being overly optimistic).
Unless RDS pulls an upset in the primary, and i don't think he will, we're looking at the same two candidates. I've wondered if the eems are trying to put Joe out to pasture, but who else would have a better chance of winning on the dem side?

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Mississippi does not elect presidents. Too few electoral votes. Jesus could run for president and only get 6 electoral votes from MS even if he got 100% of our vote.

We are at the mercy of swing states.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
After he said the US was on the 'right track' referring to the economy back in July of '22, the nations 3rd largest banking failure followed about 8 months later. I can only imagine the gold to be had if he's still in office in another 4 years.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
that's hilarious. not in a political way. just hilarious like haha
Not really. This walking pudding cup is "leading" the nation while he parades around a party of crooks and wealthy globalists. Meanwhile politicians who actually want to see America thrive, even if it means hurting some feelings, are being hunted like witches in the Early Modern Era.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I remember when I was 21 and found the verbal fumbles of W to be hilarious.
Then I managed to grow and realize that anyone who has to talk in front of cameras as much as POTUS is bound to stumble and it'll seem like it's quite frequent due to the sheer amount of talking.

Obama did it, though not nearly as much as W. Trump definitely did it, and still does, though he mostly just rambles and can't ever finish a thought without going off on 4 tangents first. And Biden for sure does it frequently, like really frequently.
I think I heard Biden has a speech impediment of some sort...or he had one when he was younger. Maybe that was just someone trying to excuse his speaking.

Anyways, I try to keep in mind that if I were talking in front of cameras, it would be a non-stop clip fest of mumbling, awkward pauses while I think of simple words, and stumbling over words.
Reason 5387 why I don't want to be an elected official.

I accept the chance that a handful of posters will selectively read the above info and either claim I am excusing Biden or claim I have TDS.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Meanwhile politicians who actually want to see America thrive, even if it means hurting some feelings, are being hunted like witches in the Early Modern Era.

Hunted like witches? Who, and where is this happening?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There is a lower limit to age for president there should be an upper limit along with a cognitive mental test. It's gotten to the point where it's concerning they are talking about running this guy again. He doesn't know where he is most of the time.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I remember when I was 21 and found the verbal fumbles of W to be hilarious.
Then I managed to grow and realize that anyone who has to talk in front of cameras as much as POTUS is bound to stumble and it'll seem like it's quite frequent due to the sheer amount of talking.

Obama did it, though not nearly as much as W. Trump definitely did it, and still does, though he mostly just rambles and can't ever finish a thought without going off on 4 tangents first. And Biden for sure does it frequently, like really frequently.
I think I heard Biden has a speech impediment of some sort...or he had one when he was younger. Maybe that was just someone trying to excuse his speaking.

Anyways, I try to keep in mind that if I were talking in front of cameras, it would be a non-stop clip fest of mumbling, awkward pauses while I think of simple words, and stumbling over words.
Reason 5387 why I don't want to be an elected official.

I accept the chance that a handful of posters will selectively read the above info and either claim I am excusing Biden or claim I have TDS.
Because you are/do.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Because you are/do.
Did I excuse Biden? Or did I say he does it a lot?

If you think me saying I recognize that presidents stumble over words = excusing Biden, that's a shame.
If anything, I am excusing ALL who.i specifically mentioned. But it really isn't excusing them, I simply don't have an expectation that they never stumble over words when reading or giving impromptu comments.

The Rolling Stone comment was funny to me, just like when W did it or Trump or Obama. I don't read into it as much as some others on here though.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

If you think me saying I recognize that presidents stumble over words = excusing Biden, that's a shame.
If anything, I am excusing ALL who.i specifically mentioned. But it really isn't excusing them, I simply don't have an expectation that they never stumble over words when reading or giving impromptu comments.

The Rolling Stone comment was funny to me, just like when W did it or Trump or Obama. I don't read into it as much as some others on here though.
Excuse: “I think I heard Biden has a speech impediment of some sort...or he had one when he was younger.”

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Biden is 200% worse than the past three presidents. At least he has an excuse. He is cognitive impaired. It is really obvious. He has been in the public for 50 years. Just go watch him speak just 8 years ago. He has progressively gotten worse. It's not the TV. He has a problem.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Excuse: “I think I heard Biden has a speech impediment of some sort...or he had one when he was younger.”
Oh, gotcha. That was not me excusing him misreading a pre-written statement.
That was me just talking about Biden stumbling at times, like the other presidents I mentioned.
You seem to confuse a possible explanation for some instances of stumbling as me excusing him misreading a written statement.

Once again- the Rolling Stone mistatement was funny. And his confusion over it immediately after was also funny.
I just don't read into it beyond 'old guy misread a statement'.

On a related note, I hope Biden doesn't run. I have no idea who would run instead, but ideally he would step aside and support new blood.
Doubtful though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Biden is 200% worse than the past three presidents. At least he has an excuse. He is cognitive impaired. It is really obvious. He has been in the public for 50 years. Just go watch him speak just 8 years ago. He has progressively gotten worse. It's not the TV. He has a problem.
It's not an excuse any longer. It's not funny anymore either. But this is America instead of doing something about it we'll just make fun of it or excuse it, and reelect him.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I've never been a fan of his, but there's been a steep drop off. I still remember how he managed to own Paul Ryan in the VP debate. I don't think he could beat John Fetterman in a debate now.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Oh, gotcha. That was not me excusing him misreading a pre-written statement.
That was me just talking about Biden stumbling at times, like the other presidents I mentioned.
You seem to confuse a possible explanation for some instances of stumbling as me excusing him misreading a written statement.

Once again- the Rolling Stone mistatement was funny. And his confusion over it immediately after was also funny.
I just don't read into it beyond 'old guy misread a statement'.

On a related note, I hope Biden doesn't run. I have no idea who would run instead, but ideally he would step aside and support new blood.
Doubtful though.
You made an excuse by stating a possible reason. You didn’t do that with the other presidents, Capt Crawfish.

Reactions: blacklistedbully

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Unfortunately, we're gonna go thru a 12 year span of Presidents where we as Mississippians have only had 3 choices to elect to the Presidency: Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump & Joe Biden.

3 crappy options.
We can thank God that Trump was able to get three constitutional justices on the SC. If not for the hand of God, our country would be even much more worse off.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I've never been a fan of his, but there's been a steep drop off. I still remember how he managed to own Paul Ryan in the VP debate. I don't think he could beat John Fetterman in a debate now.
…and Fetterman is dead so he’s the underdog.***

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Whoever the Republican candidate is all they have to do is win the states Trump won and flip Arizonia and GA back red. They will win. Then you have Penn and Wisconsin along with Michigan that have become purple states. The Democrat candidate is going to have to defend a lot of states. The states Trump won will go to the Republican. Those are not purple states anymore. Florida and Ohio were purple but have turn solid red. Those were two states the Republican use to have to defend. Not so much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login