Half time score with our total yards:

Arizona St. 3-27. (82)
Toledo. 3-28. (150)
Florida. 14-28. (210)
Texas. 6-14. (165)
Georgia. 10-27. (130)
Texas A&M 17-21. (273) (2nd half- 80)
Arkansas. 10-31. (244)

Point being, what I said before the year started. That many would be fooled by inflated offensive numbers because most would be put up in when we’re behind multiple scores and in garbage time. If our defense was any good at all, our offense would be severely exposed for what it really is: Showtime at the Apollo.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

Arizona St. 3-27. (82)
Toledo. 3-28. (150)
Florida. 14-28. (210)
Texas. 6-14. (165)
Georgia. 10-27. (130)
Arkansas. 10-31. (244)

Point being, what I said before the year started. That many would be fooled by inflated offensive numbers because most would be put up in when we’re behind multiple scores and in garbage time. If our defense was any good at all, our offense would be severely exposed for what it really is: Showtime at the Apollo.
Note to add- We also received the opening 1st half kickoff of all these games too.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The offense works theoretically. Just can't finish and the coach is dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to 4th and short. In the first half we had 262 yards and no punts. Hell no punts in the whole game in fact.

2 turnover on downs, 2 field goals, a fumble, and a missed field goal. A stupid penalty at the 1" line and a horrible spot led to the lack of points in the first half. That's all coaching to me. Scheme and talent on offense are good enough, but fundamentals and common sense are garbage.

It feels like an undisciplined team that doesn't care that much if they lose. The coach can't seem to quit stepping on his own pecker and somebody needs to go Tonya Harding on the defensive coordinator.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Really like what we have done the last 3 weeks. We have scored more points on TAMU than anyone. And it was a close game the entire time. 24 at Athens before the third qtr in a 10 point game. 244 yds today in the first half - I don’t get how that proves your point. We just didn’t convert in short yardage and had critical turnover/penatly/missed FG. Thats more an anomoly to me.

I really like where the offense is headed. It’s a backup true freshman qb and a below average O line

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Arizona St. 3-27. (82)
Toledo. 3-28. (150)
Florida. 14-28. (210)
Texas. 6-14. (165)
Georgia. 10-27. (130)
Arkansas. 10-31. (244)

Most of those conference games were close for the better part of the game. Learning curve for coach and players to start the year. The defense can't get off the field and we still put up numbers you damn fool. Oh, wait, it's Hair, who is a damn troll anyway. Wasted my time typing

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I must be confused. Where are these “inflated offensive numbers”?

Entering yesterday, we were 87th nationally in points per game, and 100th in yards per play. That’s putrid, and is almost exactly where we were last year, in spite of bringing in a renowned OC as HC, and bringing in not one, but two QB’s who are both better than anyone we had on the roster last year.

This is easily the worst MSU football team I’ve seen in 40ish years on this planet….and we’ve had some bad ones. And its a bad team across the board. There’s not a single thing you can look at and say “yep, that gives reason for future optimism”.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
It feels like an undisciplined team that doesn't care that much if they lose. The coach can't seem to quit stepping on his own pecker and somebody needs to go Tonya Harding on the defensive coordinator.

I feel the need to point out that I have never understood why saying that someone steps on their own pecker is an insult. I would take out a billboard bragging about it if I ever did that.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Most of those conference games were close for the better part of the game. Learning curve for coach and players to start the year. The defense can't get off the field and we still put up numbers you damn fool. Oh, wait, it's Hair, who is a damn troll anyway. Wasted my time typing
If you’re a major NIL funder I understand why you’re pissed. Just don’t be blindly pissed. Go back and reread my original post and think about it again. Look, you might think you’re smarter than everyone, cootertootie, for all I know you might even speak 16 languages. If so you gone need them when you in time square selling fake hats. I know gucci when I see it, *****I’m rich. I got a coalition of the willing! I got 40 nations ready to roll son!

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If you’re a major NIL funder I understand why you’re pissed. Just don’t be blindly pissed. Go back and reread my original post and think about it again. Look, you might think you’re smarter than everyone, cootertootie, for all I know you might even speak 16 languages. If so you gone need them when you in time square selling fake hats. I know gucci when I see it, *****I’m rich. I got a coalition of the willing! I got 40 nations ready to roll son!
I really don’t get it. We have some relatively smart people who believe that this is some Croomy rebuild. And those same people now want to fire the DC. What about the rebuild? Does he not get the benefit of the doubt? Why didn’t Lebby bring him in some players like he did on offense? Does Lebby understand that head coaching is more than offense?

ETA: the Croom BS wasn’t as big of a rebuild as the Lenny Lovers are saying now either. Just something they tell themselves to make it seem better.

Last edited:

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I hate how bad our defense sucks but I'm not ready to blame it all on Hutzler and I don't really think canning him is all thst smart. Not sure what it helps. Maybe maybe if you got a sure thing lined up. It's tough and yes Lebby is at fault here also

Reactions: bulldoghair

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hate how bad our defense sucks but I'm not ready to blame it all on Hutzler and I don't really think canning him is all thst smart. Not sure what it helps. Maybe maybe if you got a sure thing lined up. It's tough and yes Lebby is at fault here also
How can you not fire him? His resume is awful for a defensive coordinator. This defense lacks talent for sure. But it may be the worst coached defense I've ever seen. He freaking played most of the game with 5 in the box against the #14 passing QB in the Big 12 while we gave up 346 yards rushing. He has no clue.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
You are not wrong but still.
How can you not fire him? His resume is awful for a defensive coordinator. This defense lacks talent for sure. But it may be the worst coached defense I've ever seen. He freaking played most of the game with 5 in the box against the #14 passing QB in the Big 12 while we gave up 346 yards rushing. He has no clue.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I mean the whole thing is bullsh*t. Lebby yapping about showtime and we just now started showing some life. Honestly we struggle to score until we are down 14 points. The defense is a 17n joke. They can't tackle, can't get pressure and can't cover for sh*t. As I stated a few weeks back sh*tshow time. I'm not sure we will win again this year. The offense ain't exactly great ya know. 4th and 1 is an impossibility for some reason. It's just disgusting and all we can do is say " Well 17 it. Maybe next year" This year is shot up a wild hogs a$$ already. Then when signing day comes I bet we get another swift kick in the nuts. Who is coming to help ??? Hahaha. Zilch. UAB guys we poached

Reactions: patdog

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
back to the future great scott GIF

Doc Brown just showed up at my place of work, I formed me that he traveled 10 years into the future and Jeff Lebby's at 50 looks just like this guy!
1730096644936.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login