🏀 BASKETBALL GAME TONIGHT 🏀

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Seems like coach is playing a bunch of guys off the bench.
An interesting approach.
Good job by Jeffries the last few minutes of grabbing and growing the lead with Tolu on the bench.
But they’ve allowed the RAT to rack up 23 points.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is a comfortable win without his shooting
7-11 from 3. We could use that.
First home game for the tigers. And when you balance it out, we make more 3s as a team. Good one player performance tonight though.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not gonna get overly critical.

I think Mo is doing a good job at JSU and they played really hard and well. Kicked out asses on the boards and there's little doubt we are a solid rebounding team.

Take this win and keep moving.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The only stat we beat them in tonight was free throws. 15 out of 20. That's your ball game. Making one more 3 than they did was crucial as well. 1 player made all 7 of their 3s. 5 state players made a 3. DJ guarding Young saved the game.

And sad to say Ole Miss lost tonight to UCF.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There was a RAT for the opponent, and we won anyway. That is the kind of game you lose many times. We didn't. I like this team.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There was a RAT for the opponent, and we won anyway. That is the kind of game you lose many times. We didn't. I like this team.

Well, this is a SWAC team, so even RATs shouldn't get a good team beat.

But point taken.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I was really impressed with Jackson State's defense. They mostly shut down Tolu. Did anyone hear why Shakiel Moore didn't play in the 2nd half?

Reactions: She Mate Me

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Maybe y’all should wait until the game is over before showing lack of knowledge. No question offense struggles but defense is outstanding. The most points scored by any team was 55 until last night (59), and the only reason they hit 59 was Young shooting lights out. Many of you are never satisfied, bitched about Howland for years and now where 10-0 with a new coach, better defense and rebounding and yet the band plays on.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Most games we play, based on the style we play, we will not dominate from tipoff until the final horn.

We have a decent bench so its often a game of outlasting the other team with rotating in decent players.

The good news, great news, is that we don't have to put point production on the shoulders of one single player like we have in the past (Weatherspoon, Tolu, etc). We have 4-6 guys that can produce every night and 10 guys that can come in and play good defense. That's how you win lots of games.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Maybe y’all should wait until the game is over before showing lack of knowledge. No question offense struggles but defense is outstanding. The most points scored by any team was 55 until last night (59), and the only reason they hit 59 was Young shooting lights out. Many of you are never satisfied, bitched about Howland for years and now where 10-0 with a new coach, better defense and rebounding and yet the band plays on.
Your point is valid, but in fairness, we were losing to this 1-8 team with 8 minutes to go. It’s not like they had an offensive flurry at the very beginning of the game, and we then dominated from that point forward. It was a struggle.

That said, I do agree that there’s no reason for anyone that’s watched our team this year to be surprised. We’re not going to blow teams off the court, and we’re going to struggle at times against lower quad teams. With the way we defend and rebound, though, we’re also going to find ways to win a bunch of them even if they are ugly at times.

Reactions: She Mate Me

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
You want people to not post during a game? That's some complete garbage. People will react during a game and post. That's the point of a game thread.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Considering we were in real danger of a devastating loss to a 1-8 team, I found the thread surprisingly pleasant.

Imagine a football thread down 3 to JSU in the 4th Quarter...

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
decent crowd in the big house last night, despite the bland court graphics

1671116576044.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login