10 Penn State wrestling media day takeaways: RBY's last ride, Cael Sanderson on lineup questions, more

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Nice summary, Greg. I learned nothing new from Cael, but that’s not your fault! But if I learned something new, I would be very worried. Hence, I feel very confident about another great year.

If you ever get a chance to ask Aaron or Carter, can you find out who wins when the two of them go at it, either indoors or outdoors (see photo from last year)? I’ll bet Aaron is the only guy Carter can’t handle, which probably helps motivate him!

Reactions: GregPickel

Dogwelder

Oct 8, 2021
“I know we’re going to wrestle some really marquee duel meats in Florida,”

Hey Greg, it’s irresponsible journalism like the above that encourages shooters and cannibals in Iowa. Be more careful! ;) :)

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Good job, Greg. Thanks!One small comment, and it may not make a difference until March: I had some trouble understanding who was being quoted and the context.

dicemen99

Oct 6, 2021
Although a lot complain about the lack of information that comes from Cael, at times he speaks very plainly - just without the detail that many would like. My take out of today is that he is very comfortable at 133, 141, 149, 174, 184, 197, 285. This makes a lot of sense to me.

We've got three weights in question and we can't take an 0-fer at all three. 125 will likely require portal assistance for meaningful if any points. 157 is obviously still in question for Cael. 165 will be a question of how quickly Facundo develops, but that weight is stacked.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Although a lot complain about the lack of information that comes from Cael, at times he speaks very plainly - just without the detail that many would like. My take out of today is that he is very comfortable at 133, 141, 149, 174, 184, 197, 285. This makes a lot of sense to me.

We've got three weights in question and we can't take an 0-fer at all three. 125 will likely require portal assistance for meaningful if any points. 157 is obviously still in question for Cael. 165 will be a question of how quickly Facundo develops, but that weight is stacked.
A real shame that PSU is not going to Keystone and especially the Scuffle this year. We will not be able to assess our 125/157/165 progress at a starter-level tourney until B10s.