120 Club meeting tonight at 6:00 in Jackson

soccerdad

Apr 16, 2019
Reminder-120 Club meeting tonight (23rd) at AG Museum at 6:00 first building on right. $200 to join for the year payable at door., about 7 meetings a year includes PENN'S Catfish, adult beverages. Coaches at meetings, no press. Head Coach Arnett tonight with other coaches. No one under 18 allowed. Usually have a basketball meeting, AD, baseball, football and recruiting meeting and others.

Last edited:

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Cindys catfish? That place has been closed for years. Are they doing catering jobs now?

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
We had 120 Club meetings @ Cindy's until Cindy closed the restaurant in 2009 or 2010. We have been meeting at the Ag Museum since about 2012.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Info from 120 Club meetings isnt posted online. The coaches come to these meeting knowing they can speak freely without fear or stories ending up on message boards.

tom cruise i want the truth GIF

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Does anyone have the 120 club schedule this year? Or know when the next meeting is?
We send out an email announcement to our membership roster about 2 weeks prior to the meeting. We do not have a set schedule. We meet on weeknights when coaches are available & avoid conflicts with MSU basketball & baseball games which is a challenge. I will be posting meeting announcements on this board in the future. Our next meeting will probably be late February/early March.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
For those of us who have no clue and aren't in the Jackson area, what exactly is the 120 club? Is it an alumni association or completely separate from the university? I am in NE Miss and we don't even have county alumni events anymore. Anybody know of anything up this area that is similar without having to drive half way across the state?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was active in it when I lived in Jackson and it was meeting at Cindy's Catfish. It was originally 120 men ("He Man Women Haters Club" as they called it on The Little Rascals, no women but I think they started letting them come after awhile) paying $120/year to be a member to meet, discuss, and hear about MSU athletics. The $120 covered your meals and drinks for the year although I think it had crept up in price to about $160 when I left. There was a Happy Hour at beginning of each meeting. There may be someone from Alumni Association w/ a table set up to 'cruit new members. Speakers would come from MSU for each meeting, may be a head coach, an assistant, a broadcaster, and some various Bulldog Club members, or university personnel. Speakers would discuss whatever was going on w/ their sport and take questions at the end. There were no press personnel allowed. The questions were pretty typically answered honestly and things shared that you wouldn't hear from anyone else or read in the paper i.e. no 'coach speak' type crap. I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing else I know like it is the Starkville Quarterback Club but I haven't heard anything about them in awhile. They were same type organization and met at Starkville Country Club every week during football season.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Info from 120 Club meetings isnt posted online. The coaches come to these meeting knowing they can speak freely without fear or stories ending up on message boards.
May have to discount the rate if it doesn't contribute to message board cred***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login