13-0 you have to go!

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
FSU struggled to beat a team that lost to Kentucky. How can anyone say their path was equal to UGA, Bama, etc.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009
I think the committee is likely to choose the 4 most competitive teams, not the most accomplished.

I'm not arguing for or against FSU, just predicting what the committee will do

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Sec has gotten the benefit of the doubt in years past but you can't leave out undefeated power 5 champs. Then you have on the field head to head between other two.

Look at the rankings last week. Bama was behind Texas. Where they should have been because they lost to Texas. Bama shouldn't jump Texas they have same record and have head to head road win.

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Sec has gotten the benefit of the doubt in years past but you can't leave out undefeated power 5 champs. Then you have on the field head to head between other two.

Look at the rankings last week. Bama was behind Texas. Where they should have been because they lost to Texas. Bama shouldn't jump Texas they have same record and have head to head road win.
Agree.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Bama is in. ACC is pathetically weak. Louisville lost at home to Kentucky last week. Without Travis, FSU would get boat raced by Bama, Georgia, or Texas.
I agree that Florida state will get beat fairly easily by the 1 seed, which I’m assuming will be Michigan. But I don’t like the thought of leaving an undefeated power conference champion out. They did everything they were supposed to do, including beating 2 SEC teams, so it’s not like they went weak on non conference

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You guys are really trash talking about FSU. This season started in September and you have to look at everything that has happened. Truck this, boat race that… it’s really disrespectful of all of the teams. If you taken any one of those other teams that won the conference championship and put their first string quarterback on the bench what would happen?

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
At this point it's single elimination...and Alabana beat Georgia, and Texas beat Alabama. No SEC this year.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
This is were all these recent college football championship formats are just stupid. I hate Bama, but how can the SEC Champion NOT be in the final 4 and the loser be in?

This whole premise of the 4 "best" teams is just wrong. Arguing against FSU because their best player is hurt just shouldn't even be allowed since they continued to win without that player. I have seen many times where team A can regularly beat team B, and team B can regularly beat team C, but then team C regularly can beat A. So which is the best?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is were all these recent college football championship formats are just stupid. I hate Bama, but how can the SEC Champion NOT be in the final 4 and the loser be in?

This whole premise of the 4 "best" teams is just wrong. Arguing against FSU because their best player is hurt just shouldn't even be allowed since they continued to win without that player. I have seen many times where team A can regularly beat team B, and team B can regularly beat team C, but then team C regularly can beat A. So which is the best?
Yeah, if you want the 'best', you can decide that on a fashion show runway.

But it has to be based on overall resume, not just head to head. And to bring it back to this thread, FSU should absolutely be in and it's a travesty if they are not. The only facts here are that Michigan, Washington and FSU are undefeated Power 5 teams.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm putting in both Bama and UGA because they are 2 of the best teams left. Kick FSU and Washington.

Texas
UGA
Bama
Michigan

Fight me.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
You guys are really trash talking about FSU. This season started in September and you have to look at everything that has happened. Truck this, boat race that… it’s really disrespectful of all of the teams. If you taken any one of those other teams that won the conference championship and put their first string quarterback on the bench what would happen?
What's more important: who you beat or who you lost to?
FSU has good wins and no bad losses as do Washington and Michigan, so they should be in, You want to argue Georgia, Bama, and Texas for the last spot, go ahead, but leaving out an undefeated P5 conf champion (even if ACC is lowest of the P5) would make the playoff system a farce (IMO).

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What's more important: who you beat or who you lost to?
That’s another argument I still ask you…

which team that you guys are putting forth would be in the same position that they lost their first string quarterback today ?

it really doesn’t matter because Florida State is going to get left out there to put Texas and Alabama in the playoffs

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login