1883 series

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It's been discussed before, but that was mid-season.
Thru the second half of the season, it has stayed 10x better than Yellowstone. Fantastic series.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
1883 is incredible. I, like many others, were disappointed with season 4 of Yellowstone. But it’s clearly because of all the attention Sheridan and the writers put towards 1883. They announced a couple weeks ago that they were making more spin offs of Yellowstone. I just hope they don’t lose focus on Yellowstone

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
It's been discussed before, but that was mid-season.
Thru the second half of the season, it has stayed 10x better than Yellowstone. Fantastic series.
It's a very good series, but it would be a lot better if it didn't center around the activities of that gorgeous young lady. Now I am totally in love with her, but that isn't enough. She does things that are unbelievable and just don't fit the time set or the approximation of reality.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
1883 is incredible. I, like many others, were disappointed with season 4 of Yellowstone. But it’s clearly because of all the attention Sheridan and the writers put towards 1883. They announced a couple weeks ago that they were making more spin offs of Yellowstone. I just hope they don’t lose focus on Yellowstone

They did a lot more than “put all the attention” on 1883…..they straight up put 10 minute snippets of 1883 into at least two actual episodes of Yellowstone, and in neither case did it have dick to do with the plot. Evidently there wasn’t enough pointless filler material in the endless horse riding / cattle roping montages with some outlaw country song in the background, so they had to throw that in, too.

And they have already totally lost focus on Yellowstone….as the above nugget is but a small example. The plot and the character development has gotten so rehashed, incoherent, and downright lazy for the past two whole seasons that I no longer care what happens to anybody….and thus won’t be continuing it. Will Kayce choose his wife and kids or the ranch? Don’t give a 17. Will the ranch stay with the Duttons? Don’t give a 17. Will Jamie or Beth finally do the other one in? Don’t give a 17. Will Jimmy continue to find happiness in his love life? Really, really don’t give a 17.

I’m sure 1883 is probably good for the first season. I still refuse to watch it though. Not gonna get sucked into another initially decent show just to watch it turn into some of the worst damn garbage on TV once the same folks let it rot once a shiny new project rolls along….like they have with Yellowstone.

Last edited:

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
If it sucks as bad as the first 5 episodes of Yellowstone, I’m not watching either.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
My opinion Mayor of Kingstown is better than Yellowstone and 1883. I will still give 1883 more time simply because It’s a western but I’m not fan of the long rambling of Elsa.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah that's been my beef. They center too much on her. And I think a show about the Oregon trail itself and not fixated on the duttons would be good. I feel like this show, while I liked a lot of it , was basically "but daddy I love him" over and over again. Maybe next season will be better. Had a lot of potential with Sam Elliot. I'd be much more interested in his and his partners characters.

SGIDawg

Jan 6, 2022
I'm not a fan of the Elsa's ramblings either....I told my wife that Mike on Mayor of Kingstown does the same ramblings as Elsa. He'll sit in the yard with Bunny or on his cabin's porch w/ that bear and pontificate life, stars, and the universe..

Jun 9, 2015
I don’t expect to see more than two or three more seasons of Yellowstone. Taylor has said that he started the series with the ending written and he’s working toward that, and when he gets there, he’s done with it.

In terms of 1883 and Elsa, I agree her ramblings were a little over the top. She went from Tennessee farm girl, to cowboy’s wife, to a Commanche’s wife who was connected to the Mother Earth in a matter of months. It was a little much.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don’t expect to see more than two or three more seasons of Yellowstone. Taylor has said that he started the series with the ending written and he’s working toward that, and when he gets there, he’s done with it.

In terms of 1883 and Elsa, I agree her ramblings were a little over the top. She went from Tennessee farm girl, to cowboy’s wife, to a Commanche’s wife who was connected to the Mother Earth in a matter of months. It was a little much.

^ does not remember how high school girls work.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login