1st Team All-Pros

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
11 players in the entire world are chosen to represent the NFLs 1st team All-Pro list for defense. 2 are bulldogs - Slay and Jones. Incredible to think of how many high-level pros MSU has produced over the last decade. It easily could have been 3 on the list. Aaron Donald could have been removed for Simmons and no one would have complained.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We have put ELITE defensive linemen in the league in Cox, Jones, and Simmons along with Sweat and Autry. The guy who recruited and coached those guys (at least some of them) is coming back to State and I'm very happy about that.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
11 players in the entire world are chosen to represent the NFLs 1st team All-Pro list. 2 are bulldogs - Slay and Jones. Incredible to think of how many high-level pros MSU has produced over the last decade. It easily could have been 3 on the list. Aaron Donald could have been removed for Simmons and no one would have complained.

And Logan Cooke has to be among the top 5 or so punters in the league.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
While we might have a tough time claiming "DBU" with Slay, Emerson, & soon to be on the list, Forbes, We dang sure can claim "DLU". The only other team that comes close is Ohio State.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
We have put ELITE defensive linemen in the league in Cox, Jones, and Simmons along with Sweat and Autry. The guy who recruited and coached those guys (at least some of them) is coming back to State and I'm very happy about that.
Preston smith too

Some of the olinemen really excel at their spots. Maybe not all pro, but not far off.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
thats really cool about Slay. when him and Banks both came out Banks was the one getting all of the attention and rightfully so. Banks was a 1st team all- american and the Throrpe award winner. ten years later Slay is still going strong and making us proud.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login