Egg Bowl

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
rivalry segment by ESPN is pretty good.

Would love for State to put a complete game together this year and be the one to knock Ole Miss out of playoff consideration.

I always thought Bean’s kick was accidental. Watching from the angle in this video, I think he may have intentionally batted the ball down to his foot.

Reactions: Spotdawg

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
rivalry segment by ESPN is pretty good.

Would love for State to put a complete game together this year and be the one to knock Ole Miss out of playoff consideration.

I had just assume that they get knocked out of playoff consideration this afternoon. I want them to lose several more and fold their tents. Maybe we can build some momentum between now and then and beat them like a rented mule.

I don't think another rivalry in the country compares in terms of pettiness and just outright hate. They call Georgia-Georgia Tech "Clean old-fashioned hate". State-Ole Miss is just "hate".

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I don't think another rivalry in the country compares in terms of pettiness and just outright hate. They call Georgia-Georgia Tech "Clean old-fashioned hate". State-Ole Miss is just "hate".

Red river shootout is close, but that's it for the US.

When I worked in Argentina, first trip I bought a Boca Juniors shirt, wore it to the plant. Half the guys were grinning and cheering me. The other half glared at me like I just screwed their wife and kicked their dog. Our contact came to me and says "I am keeping half the plant from killing you. When you get to the hotel, change your shirt, pack it and do not wear it again here, it is unsafe".

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
I talked with Bean the spring after that game and he admitted that he intentionally kicked the ball. He even cited how many years that he played soccer in school and that his feet were just like his hands. We all had a very good laugh about it.

Reactions: eckie1 and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I talked with Bean the spring after that game and he admitted that he intentionally kicked the ball. He even cited how many years that he played soccer in school and that his feet were just like his hands. We all had a very good laugh about it.
It was obvious looking at it that the kick was intentional.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login