2-12

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
That’s the combined league record of State and Ole Miss. Jans and Kermit didn’t forget how to coach when they moved into their respective jobs. Its almost as if Mississippi has become a coaching graveyard.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Who’s the guy that said we would finish with a losing record? It sounded ridiculous then, but it’s becoming closer to reality. I don’t even have a lot of faith we will beat Ole Miss in Oxford.

Reactions: woozman

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
That’s the combined league record of State and Ole Miss. Jans and Kermit didn’t forget how to coach when they moved into their respective jobs. Its almost as if Mississippi has become a coaching graveyard.
Jans just got here and didn't exactly inherit a good bunch of players. He's a wait and see. Kermit was always overrated.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am surprised Jan's has won as many games as he has with the players he has to use. I haven't seen a single player that would make honorable mention on an all SEC team. I have to at least see how he can do with some of his own players before I decide if he can coach or not.

He is still trying to find somebody who can shoot the damn ball during the actual ballgame!

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I am surprised Jan's has won as many games as he has with the players he has to use. I haven't seen a single player that would make honorable mention on an all SEC team. I have to at least see how he can do with some of his own players before I decide if he can coach or not.

He is still trying to find somebody who can shoot the damn ball during the actual ballgame

Where is he going to get those players outside of the transfer portal? Mississippi isn’t producing them. Its hard to pull blue chippers from other areas to a program that has been down for so long.

I don’t know how you get good players to either school in Mississippi.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Do you not realize that this is Jans’ first year? He’s playing with the garbage that lazy azz Howland left him. Blame Howland for the state of affairs of the team this year.

and take a look at nmsu this year and see how bad they are in year 1 without Jans.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Where is he going to get those players outside of the transfer portal? Mississippi isn’t producing them. Its hard to pull blue chippers from other areas to a program that has been down for so long.

That's the question, isn't it? We've had coaches in our past recruit men's or women's players to come to Mississippi State. I want to wait and see what he can recruit or find because what we have right now is not that great on the men's side

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Do you not realize that this is Jans’ first year? He’s playing with the garbage that lazy azz Howland left him. Blame Howland for the state of affairs of the team this year.

and take a look at nmsu this year and see how bad they are in year 1 without Jans.
I think Jans is a good coach. I just question whether anybody can win at Mississippi State or Ole Miss anymore given that the state just doesn’t produce SEC level talent. And you would expect the occasional blue chipper to look elsewhere to play.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Howland recruited well enough to win at a high level. He just didn’t coach them well.

WestTNdawg

Jan 12, 2023
Jans said in his opening press conference that the portal will definitely be used extensively... Said the days of players staying for 4 years are over, and he looks to build an almost new team every year... Will it work, time will tell

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
This years team looks a good bit like last years team . Every time they get close to a win they just choke - too many turnovers- too many missed shots under the goal and out from the goal . Smith chokes way too much too . This team should be better than this .

Reactions: vandaldawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This years team looks a good bit like last years team . Every time they get close to a win they just choke - too many turnovers- too many missed shots under the goal and out from the goal . Smith chokes way too much too . This team should be better than this .
This team isn’t close to as talented as last year’s team. There’s a reason we were picked to finish near the bottom of the league. Our success in nonconference was a huge surprise to most. But SEC play has been a regression to the mean.

Reactions: 60sdog

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008

He is still trying to find somebody who can shoot the damn ball during the actual ballgame!
His class now has 4 guys with an avg per recruit of 86. The last time an sec team had a 4 man class with an avg per recruit under 87 was South Carolina in 2017.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I think the first step is to put George Brooks out to pasture and get a younger more energetic recruiter.
Second step is Jans and Selmon need to really hit the road this summer and fall drumming up support for MSU basketball.
Third step is a reseating of The Hump. The students have got to have better seating.
Fourth Step is a hiring of an actual marketing-media team. Cohen gutted it.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
From Ranked to Rank

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I think the first step is to put George Brooks out to pasture and get a younger more energetic recruiter.
Second step is Jans and Selmon need to really hit the road this summer and fall drumming up support for MSU basketball.
Third step is a reseating of The Hump. The students have got to have better seating.
He needs to hit the road this Summer recruiting instead of trying guilt people into showing up for mediocre basketball. Winning is the best marketing campaign.

ETA: sorry for the double quote…I’m on my phone w/o my readers.🧑‍🦯

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login