OT: anyone have friends or family in western North Carolina that we can be praying for?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So the firsthand accounts being reported are lies? Elon Musk was lying when he said they (FEMA) stopped his team from distributing starlinks and delivering supplies with his helicopter? Tim Kennedy is lying when he said FEMA stopped his team from doing search and rescue? The multiple helicopter pilots that, on TV, are saying FEMA has stopped them from continuing their rescue flights and threatened them with arrest?

I find it interesting that you choose to believe this gov’t over private citizens. Also, that you believe these people who are in desperate need of help lie when they say how FEMA has done nothing but create bigger problems.
I think it’s more about maintaining a level of organization. FEMA knows how to do this - people are trying to ramrod things from outside and it causes chaos.

I could be wrong though, and it’s a massive conspiracy, all put together by the government in a few days time, at the same time they were responding to a disaster.

We also have an election to fuel that political fire - in a swing state no less.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
I think it’s more about maintaining a level of organization. FEMA knows how to do this - people are trying to ramrod things from outside and it causes chaos.

I could be wrong though, and it’s a massive conspiracy, all put together by the government in a few days time, at the same time they were responding to a disaster.

We also have an election to fuel that political fire - in a swing state no less.
FEMA knows how to do this? Ok And Mayorkas knows border security too, right? 8 billion more headed to Ukraine and nothing for the Americans who need it. Unbelievable how dense some of you are

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
FEMA knows how to do this? Ok And Mayorkas knows border security too, right? 8 billion more headed to Ukraine and nothing for the Americans who need it. Unbelievable how dense some of you are
Look man I’m as conservative as anyone. But you older baby boomers and the political BS y’all will believe is getting ridiculous.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So the firsthand accounts being reported are lies? Elon Musk was lying when he said they (FEMA) stopped his team from distributing starlinks and delivering supplies with his helicopter? Tim Kennedy is lying when he said FEMA stopped his team from doing search and rescue? The multiple helicopter pilots that, on TV, are saying FEMA has stopped them from continuing their rescue flights and threatened them with arrest?

I find it interesting that you choose to believe this gov’t over private citizens. Also, that you believe these people who are in desperate need of help lie when they say how FEMA has done nothing but create bigger problems.
I didn’t say that at all. You took what I said out of context. All I asked was there evidence other than heresay. Calm down

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Look man I’m as conservative as anyone. But you older baby boomers and the political BS y’all will believe is getting ridiculous.
I’m not a baby boomer, idiot. You i17ing moron, this isn’t political. You’re the imbecile making it political. This is about people getting the help they deserve. How are you millennials this 17ing retarded?

Reactions: preacher_dawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m not a baby boomer, idiot. You i17ing moron, this isn’t political. You’re the imbecile making it political. This is about people getting the help they deserve. How are you millennials this 17ing retarded?
If me doubting the validity of FEMA launching a huge conspiracy campaign in the face of a few days, while responding to a disaster, in order to intentionally 17 over some US citizens in a swing state for the election...........if doubting all that makes me retarded, then yessir, call me Carl Childers.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

There is nothing more incompetent that a Federal Bureaucracy.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
If me doubting the validity of FEMA launching a huge conspiracy campaign in the face of a few days, while responding to a disaster, in order to intentionally 17 over some US citizens in a swing state for the election...........if doubting all that makes me retarded, then yessir, call me Carl Childers.
Carl didn't go full retard

Reactions: msstatelp1

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Is there actual evidence of FEMA doing that? I see all these people talking about it but no actual evidence. I’m just kinda skeptical when it’s just something thrown out there on social media.

Not saying FEMA is infallible because they certainly aren’t.

I have seen video of some fire chiefs or emergency management people getting on their high horse with all this.
Devil is always in the details but for me I see people far away from the devastation trying to benefit politically form a real ****** situation and officials closer to the assistance efforts telling these people to STFU as they are misrepresenting (aka lying) about reality and doing more harm than good.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Devil is always in the details but for me I see people far away from the devastation trying to benefit politically form a real ****** situation and officials closer to the assistance efforts telling these people to STFU as they are misrepresenting (aka lying) about reality and doing more harm than good.
I’ve been following these chopper guys and all I saw was the incident with the local emergency management guy who told some chopper pilot not to fly or he would be arrested which is atypical Barney Fife super cop behavior. Other than that all I’ve seen is people that are nowhere near NC saying that help is being turned away, supplies confiscated etc. I was simply asking if there was actual video footage or direct witness of FEMA doing what they’re supposedly doing.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
My wife and kid and I drove up to Boone on Friday and volunteered with Samaritan’s Purse. I went back alone yesterday. We worked near Newland in a neighborhood on the Linville River on Saturday.
Yesterday I worked in Swananoa, near Aville.
If you are familiar with the area, the valleys along I-40 from Old Fort to Asheville are in bad shape, Old Fort, Black Mtn, Swananoa.

Yesterday I was assigned to a team working a neighborhood of nice patio homes, that seemed be owned by mostly retirees. Our team, were the first to get into “#43“. The amount of mud was mind boggling. The photo here was after some was removed. One of the first things I found was a small picture frame. I wiped it off and revealed that it was an old photo of a young girl sleeping. I wasn’t able to hand it directly to the home owner, but was glad i was able to mostly save it.

As we started taking out all the furniture, i noticed a girl flipping a medium size tire over and start rolling it out of the living room…i guess it just floated into the living room. I concentrated on what i believe was a guest bedroom/Home office. The bed in there had floated into the doorway making it difficult to get in. Instinctively, I didn’t want to step on the bed with muddy boots, but came back to my senses. The mud in that room had different consistency…like chocolate pudding. And getting the soaked mattress out was a chore. All the while stepping on unknown objects on the mud covered floor.
Amazing how much 20+ people can get done in a short time.

I will say, doing this sad work was very gratifying. Interacting with various home owners and just talking with them. One lady in particular, who’s home was much further along in the cleanup, and who I’m pretty certain isn‘t the religious type and maybe not a believer at all, spoke eloquently to myself and another lady for 15 minutes about how grateful she was.

I plan on trying to go back next Saturday if possible. This isn’t going to get fixed anytime soon. And no government agency, no matter how buttoned up, can accomplish what focused citizens can. I met fellow volunteers from NJ, OH, FL, KY, etc…

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My wife and kid I drove up to Boone on Friday and volunteered with Samaritan’s Purse. I went back alone yesterday. We worked near Newland in a neighborhood on the Linville River on Saturday.
Yesterday I worked in Swananoa, near Aville.
If you are familiar with the area, the valleys along I-40 from Old Fort to Asheville are in bad shape, Old Fort, Black Mtn, Swananoa.

Yesterday I was assigned to a team working a neighborhood of nice patio homes, that seemed be owned by mostly retirees. Our team, were the first to get into “#43“. The amount of mud was mind boggling. The photo here was after some was removed. One of the first things I found was a small picture frame. I wiped it off and revealed that it was an old photo of a young girl sleeping. I wasn’t able to hand it directly to the home owner, but was glad i was able to mostly save it.

As we started taking out all the furniture, i noticed a girl flipping a medium size tire over and start rolling it out of the living room…i guess it just floated into the living room. I concentrated on what i believe was a guest bedroom/Home office. The bed in there had floated into the doorway making it difficult to get in. Instinctively, I didn’t want to step on the bed with muddy boots, but came back to my senses. The mud in that room had different consistency…like chocolate pudding. And getting the soaked mattress was a chore. All the while stepping on unknown objects on the mud covered floor.
Amazing how much 20+ people can get done in a short time.

I will say, doing this sad work was very gratifying. Interacting with various home owners and just talking with them. One lady in particular, who’s home was much further along in the cleanup, and who I’m pretty certain isn‘t the religious type and maybe not a believer at all, spoke eloquently to myself and another lady for 15 minutes about how grateful she was.

I plan on trying to go back next Saturday if possible. This isn’t going to get fixed anytime soon. And no government agency, no matter how buttoned up, can accomplish what focused citizens can. I met fellow volunteers from NJ, OH, FL, KY, etc…
Thank you.

We milled and bagged 400 lbs of rice yesterday and it’s on a truck heading to East TN.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Of course if it's on Facebook, it must be true. **********
I’ll never forget how many reasonably intelligent baby boomers fell for that picture of the planes underwater in Houston after the Harvey flooding in 2017.

And I’m not talking Facebook comments. I’m talking about real people showing me their phones and saying “hey did you see this, that’s uNrEaL!!!” I’m like yeah must have been a billion year storm. Where’s Noah?

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Not sure what people expect from FEMA for support on the ground, monetary support, sure. Maybe some interment camps shelters. But actual cleanup takes a lot of man power. SP has had their largest volunteer response ever. And so many other people volunteering/organizing. It was really encouraging to see A LOT of young people yesterday, working their asses off. Including the gals.
Don’t count on the gvt. Count On the people.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login