2 things that need to be outlawed

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Sounds like a someone problem!

1. Gatorade Baths. They have run their course. Damn you Harry Carson.

2. Heart Hands. Please I beg everyone to stop. Need to start a rumor it is anti-LGBTQ.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
Please Please Please get rid of " he high-pointed the ball"

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Think about it. If you send someone a thumbs up emoji because you are trying to communicate your approval, and they see it as sarcastic or ironic, it could cause a problem.
Absolutely not the responsibility of the person sending the thumbs up to wonder or worry if the recipient will be offended, hurt, emotionally unable to cope, or otherwise affected negatively by something as innocuous as a thumbs up.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
People that don’t like 👍 seem soft. Lot of that going around these days

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I know you’re stronger than me, but I use it to time my rests and play my weightlifting mix!!!
I do too. I go to gym six days a week. I have a pandora play list for each day. I am not sitting in between sets for ten minutes on social media. I probably should have worded it differently.

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Absolutely not the responsibility of the person sending the thumbs up to wonder or worry if the recipient will be offended, hurt, emotionally unable to cope, or otherwise affected negatively by something as innocuous as a thumbs up.
It is the responsibility of the sender to clearly communicate with the recipient, which is why I rarely use emojis in the first place.

I'm not sure where you are getting "offended, hurt, or emotionally unable to cope". That was never raised here. People can just misunderstand the thumbs up and find it rude.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Yes, those people cruise in the left lane and wear a mask while driving alone, all while wondering why people don't approach them.
Most of them were born this century.

This isn't based on anyone being "soft", or whatever. Due to its use, the meaning of the thumbs up is changing. Not sure why that upsets you.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Add into that chasing down a player who gets a walkoff hit to sling water on him from water bottles and rip off his jersey.

You clinch a playoff spot like that and want to celebrate? Cool. You win a postseason game like that? Have at it. But when the 52-57 Tigers beat the 47-61 Angels on a walkoff, it's just not necessary. To be immediately followed by the field reporter grabbing the player for an interview and having to dodge the Gatorade bath. The whole act is tired and predictable.
Except when the Cubs score three in the bottom of the ninth to walk off the Cardinals.******

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It is the responsibility of the sender to clearly communicate with the recipient, which is why I rarely use emojis in the first place.

I'm not sure where you are getting "offended, hurt, or emotionally unable to cope". That was never raised here. People can just misunderstand the thumbs up and find it rude.
With your logic people could misunderstand the eggplant.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Not if they want to incorrectly interpret what something means. Thumbs up has always been good. Because a group of dubmasses want to change it doesn't make it so.
Language changes. Adapt, or be misunderstood. Nobody "wants" to misinterpret your message.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
1. Gatorade Baths. They have run their course. Damn you Harry Carson.

2. Heart Hands. Please I beg everyone to stop. Need to start a rumor it is anti-LGBTQ.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
On #1 I have been saying this for at least a decade. Go back to carrying the coach onto the field. I am afraid the gatorade bath might be here to stay though.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
No ban needed. That sounds like I would ever have done this in my life. I would not.

Seems weak minded to ban stuff to me. How about don’t do something you do not like and. If get offended by an emoji grow some thicker skin.
You may have taken Bruce too seriously here but not gonna speculate.

patdog

May 28, 2007

"2 things that need to be outlawed"​

Sideline reporters for football. Particularly ones like Holly Rowe asking head coaches stupid coach speak questions on their way into the locker room at halftime like, "coach you're down 14 at the half, what are you going to have to do different in the 2nd half?"

The homerun celebration where everybody jumps up and batter chest bumps somebody and the little celebration at 2nd base they do when they've hit a double i.e. shooting the arrow, chest bumping, etc. Its only a double dude and you're still down by 5.......
Any coaches in game interviews. What bullsh*t is this? Let them do their damn job. Halftime interviews are bad enough.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Any coaches in game interviews. What bullsh*t is this? Let them do their damn job. Halftime interviews are bad enough.
well they are coming to the NFL next season. The NFL claimed it is because fans want it. I don't.

• Sad
Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
While we’re at it, there are about a hundred phrases from the last decade like “and I’m here for it” or “Put some respect on his/her name” that I’d like to kill, effective immediately. In other words, basically anything that LeBron commonly tweets

If you want to spot a sheep and/or idiot in a crowd, count how many times they say stuff like that throughout a normal conversation.
Shade. Just retire this already. It was lame the first time.

Reactions: Seinfeld

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
I would never do either. I am just tired of seeing it Everytime a camera stops on a person on TV for one second. The Olympics is driving me nuts.

On the Gatorade it seems every team thinks it is mandatory to dowse the coach if they win a game. It was cute when Harry Carson invented it in the 1980s. It is now 2024 so come up with something original. It would be like if on every single touchdown scored that the person did the Billy White shoes Johnson dance. They don't. They try to come up with something new.
Elmo Wright taught Billy everything he knows..............

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login