2023-24 PSU Men's Ice Hockey Thread

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Don't know if anyone else saw this, but it sounds pretty positive (multiple outlets reporting) that the Lions will be playing outdoors on Jan. 1 at Wrigley Field, the day after the Winter Classic. Apparently, the B1G is using the Wrigley rink for three games the next featuring the conference, minus the Gophers (sorry, STPGopher!).

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
So far non-conference games I've seen include two games at Alaska (Fairbanks), one at Army, two home games vs Canisius and one home game vs St. Lawrence. They could play 12 non-conference games total (36 total games) if they wanted due to playing games in Alaska.

Reactions: nittanymoops

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Still scheduling ****** OOC and staying away from some quality home and homes.OOC schedule never has us prepared for B1G play.

• Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
The Army hockey game will be played in DC on 12/12, night before Army-Navy football at FedEx Field. Sounds like a great weekend to be in DC!

EDIT: 12/12 is a Thursday as noted by another poster. My apologies. (A great weekend is still possible!)

Last edited:

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Complete non-conference schedule should be:

@ Alaska-Fairbanks (Oct 5)
@ Alaska-Fairbanks (Oct 6)
@ Quinnipiac (Oct 12)
St. Lawrence (Oct 25)
St. Lawrence (Oct 26)
Colgate (Nov 26)
Colgate (Nov 27)
vs Army (in DC) (Dec 12)
Canisius (Jan 17)
Canisius (Jan 18)
Long Island
Long Island

Two extra games being allowed due to playing away in Alaska, so 36 games total (they play 24 conference games). No great teams, but I do like that it is heavier with ECAC teams and not all Atlantic Hockey. Would still like to see them try to get at least one series against a Hockey East or NCHC team each year, but alas...

Last edited:

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Sure, I’d like to see weekends with NoDak or Denver or BC/BU, or maybe the non-Goldy Minnesotas, but it’s just not possible. Two at home with Colgate and one @Quinnipiac is tough enough for me. B1G hockey is tough enough. Actually might go on the road again for Quinnipiac and Army. Do we have a date for the matchup with Quinnipiac?

Edit: @ Quinnipiac is Oct. 12, same night as football vs USC. Guess I won’t be going to SW Connecticut.

Last edited:

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Complete non-conference schedule should be:

@ Alaska-Fairbanks (Oct 5)
@ Alaska-Fairbanks (Oct 6)
@ Quinnipiac (Oct 12)
St. Lawrence (Oct 25)
St. Lawrence (Oct 26)
Colgate (Nov 26)
Colgate (Nov 27)
vs Army (in DC) (Dec 12)
Canisius (Jan 17)
Canisius (Jan 18)
Long Island
Long Island

Two extra games being allowed due to playing away in Alaska, so 36 games total (they play 24 conference games). No great teams, but I do like that it is heavier with ECAC teams and not all Atlantic Hockey. Would still like to see them try to get at least one series against a Hockey East or NCHC team each year, but alas...

Official non-conference schedule announced. Apparently they are not playing Long Island and it is only a 10 game non-conference schedule.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Seems highly unusual they wouldn’t take advantage of the Alaska trip by adding two home dates, but c’est la vie.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
A 6’11” 250 lb 16 year old defenseman????? Holy crap!?!? What will he grow into? Heck he already dwarfs Pav. If he gets even bigger can we just stick him in goal and block everything?

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Cool, but still waiting for Guy to finally snag a game changing recruit. He has had some good ones, but waiting for that truly great one.

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
The BigTen is silly. If we are going to play each other in Minneapolis and in November, why not make football and hockey the same weekend? We've had Friday and Sunday series before.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login