2023-24 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Kobe thought that James Harden would retire with zero championships, said so, is my understanding.

Harden had a couple of really world-class games in the playoffs, fizzed out. I’m an Occam’s Razor type of guy, and I’m going with out-of-shape. He’s always been on the tubby side and these players tend to age poorly. I loved his game when he was on, another Earl Monroe, but he’s past his prime.

Last edited:

Daveb9127

Nov 29, 2021
Would've like to have gotten Norman Powell instead of any one of the 4 players they got, would've fit them better. But, the picks will probably be used to get someone else, like a Zach Lavine. So, this might still turn out to be a great deal, seeing how Harden wasn't going to play anyway.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers going EVERYTHING in their power to gack this game up in spectacular fashion!

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
PLAY THE EFFING SONG!!!

Side note, my heart is broken that the “Did the Sixers Win?” Twitter account is no longer. It’s nights like this that make me want to watch those videos.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Sixers going EVERYTHING in their power to gack this game up in spectacular fashion!

yeah of little faith. That's why they built up a nice lead, so they could afford to endure a 10-0 Celtics win and still win the game.

BTW, I'm taking that you watched the game. If that's correct, then it appears that your curse has been lifted, and they no longer lose games that you watch. As such, you can watch games this season. 🤣 🤣

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
BTW, I'm taking that you watched the game. If that's correct, then it appears that your curse has been lifted, and they no longer lose games that you watch. As such, you can watch games this season. 🤣

You heard it hear first!!! @Tom McAndrew has released the white smoke out of On3’s chimney!!!
I am absolved of all my past Sixers sins!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Wrong thread but Ben Simmons has attempted 4 free throws in 190 minutes played this year, made 1. I thought he was going to be another Scottie Pippin.

Reactions: WestSideLion

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
WTF??? Why do the basketball Gods hate the Sixers??? After the PSU loss today I went all in on the Sixers and this is what I’m handed?? WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!?

Last edited:

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
@jmorovich -- you had to love watching Maxey in today's game against the Pacers.

It was amazing! My son and I lost it when he nailed that step back for 50. Im not sure if he can keep this up but if he can…I don’t even want to think about the possibilities. He’s got us asking “do we need to make any big changes before the trade deadline?? Maybe just some small stuff around the edges and figure out a big trade around the draft”.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
WTF??? Why do the basketball Gods hate the Sixers??? After the PSU loss today I went all in on the Sixers and this is what I’m handed?? WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!?

I had the same thoughts...why, why, why??? That dude fit right in too. Sucks.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It was amazing! My son and I lost it when he nailed that step back for 50. Im not sure if he can keep this up but if he can…I don’t even want to think about the possibilities. He’s got us asking “do we need to make any big changes before the trade deadline?? Maybe just some small stuff around the edges and figure out a big trade around the draft”.

that was a great shot. Maxey exhibited Steph-like range.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
If losing means never having to see that traumatic optical experience that was a basketball court I’m ok with it. That was incredibly painful.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
If losing means never having to see that traumatic optical experience that was a basketball court I’m ok with it. That was incredibly painful.

I only caught the last 6-7 minutes on the radio, so I missed the visual. I presume the below pic is what you're referencing -- that's hideous.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It was a good game. Horford got hot and Derrick White had a great game. Holiday and White, if there’s been a better defensive backcourt ever, I’d like to see it.

I'm reluctant to read too much into the game. The Sixers were on the back end of back-to-back games, having played Indiana on Tuesday and then the Celtics on Wednesday. The Celtics didn't have a back-to-back. The Celtics were down a couple of starters, and the Sixers were down one starter.

I am somewhat ticked off at the schedule wizard at the NBA. This was the 2nd and last time the Sixers were hosting the Celtics this season, and they are only 11 games into their season. The Celtics host the Sixers on Dec. 1, and not again until Feb. 27 -- and that is 2 days after the Sixers host the Bucks.

Holiday is a nice player -- the Sixers drafted him 2009. Alas, he was one of the earlier moves in The Process, as the Sixers traded him to New Orleans in 2013 for Nerlens Noel and the Pelicans 2014 1st round draft pick.

Reactions: LionJim