2023 Battle for the Golden Egg Game Thread

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I’ll say it again, Mike Leach would’ve won 9 games minimum with this team. Very possibly 10 plus.
10+, 9-2 at worst right now. Was leading LSU on the road in the fourt quarter last year. Would have destroyed usc, ark, auburn and a and m. 8 home games. No Georgia , leach would have had a big year.

Reactions: Fang1

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’m glad it’s over. I think Dan Mullen is the way to go with this next hire. At least he is proven. Taking chances on younger G5 guys is risky.

If our administration 17’s it up again, we’ll return to the dark ages.

This season was the biggest cluster 17 since 2008. What a 17’ing clown show. Our administration thought they made good decisions?? What a bunch of 17’ing morons.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I’m glad it’s over. I think Dan Mullen is the way to go with this next hire. At least he is proven. Taking chances on younger G5 guys is risky.

Not sure on Dan but I agree , Arnett hire dug a hole, mess up this hire and it’s going to get hard to get out of

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Will's worst year was this year. He was better as a freshman. That doesn't happen without crappy coaching.

Reactions: uptowndawg

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Not that I should ever coach, but it really seems monumentally stupid to move away from the Air Raid this year. Maybe transition next year.
Arnett thought he was some kind of hot shіt hot shot and would "make his mark" rather than make the logical decision to stick with our old offensive staff. Even if we sucked just as much Arnett would still be our head coach because he could have cleaned house on the offensive staff to save his job.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

This season was the biggest cluster 17 since 2008. What a 17’ing clown show. Our administration thought they made good decisions?? What a bunch of 17’ing morons.
It ain’t Dan thank God. Face it, if it was Dan, he would’ve already been announced. Nothing for him or us to wait to announce it.

Reactions: uptowndawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm hoping the hire is Mullen, but I don't think it will happen. I'll support whoever it is. I occasionally wear class rings to games. I sometimes wear mine, I sometimes now wear my late Dad's. My son didn't want one. Hopefully someday he will at least wear my Dad's to a game.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Hire Mullen and this turns around quick. Make a bad hire and I’ll be nearly dead before we’re good again. If I’m our president, I’m going back to Dan even if I don’t like him.

Fan buy in and NIL contributions would increase immediately.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean, that sucked, but on the bright side, Ole Miss can’t feel too great about that win. This was an Egg Bowl where they should have beaten us by about 30, but the game was 2 or 3 plays away from going the other way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login