2023 Schedule might be German's but

patdog

May 28, 2007
If we’re ever going to win 10 regular season games again, this is the schedule to do it.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
That’s 9-10 wins, it’s 10+ if Leach brings in a qb who can move in the pocket, has a strong arm and is fearless in the pocket.

right now we have a guy who is a statue with a weak arm and is scared and full of panic at the slightest hint of pressure.

Will is a great kid, I don’t mean any of that to be a personal shot, it is what it is

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We lose a lot this year and that's without mentioning the transfers we're going to see. Defense will be a shell of this year. Also, our usual toss up games are on the road. Let's be honest, our schedule wasn't tougher this year. AL is way down. LSU is pretty average for them. GA is the only thing that made it "tougher".

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
We lose a lot this year and that's without mentioning the transfers we're going to see. Defense will be a shell of this year. Also, our usual toss up games are on the road. Let's be honest, our schedule wasn't tougher this year. AL is way down. LSU is pretty average for them. GA is the only thing that made it "tougher".
Sober up

Reactions: WilCoDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And LSU is going to Atlanta. Yep they’re average**

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Alabama has had a bunch of close games this year against a very tough schedule and lost two at the two toughest places they played on the last play. I wouldn’t call that “way down”. And since when was it “pretty average” for LSU to win the SECW?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Lol you’re just making schitt up because you hate Leach. Alabama is ranked in the top 10 and are two plays from being undefeated. LSU is playing in the SEC Championship Game. But yeah, those teams are average.

Reactions: Omnichannel

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That’s 9-10 wins, it’s 10+ if Leach brings in a qb who can move in the pocket, has a strong arm and is fearless in the pocket.

right now we have a guy who is a statue with a weak arm and is scared and full of panic at the slightest hint of pressure.

Will is a great kid, I don’t mean any of that to be a personal shot, it is what it is
To be fair, our linemen have given the guy PTSD. It can’t be easy focusing on throwing it downfield when you can’t depend on the linemen to…do their job and block. And arm or not, shame on him for not getting down the field after throwing the ball to help our receivers catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
To be fair, our linemen have given the guy PTSD. It can’t be easy focusing on throwing it downfield when you can’t depend on the linemen to…do their job and block. And arm or not, shame on him for not getting down the field after throwing the ball to help our receivers catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.
No, I’m not talking about when he doesn’t have time to throw, and I’m not talking about receivers dropping the ball

Will panics at the hint of pressure and doesn’t progress through his reads and does not hang in till the last second the way veteran qbs do, that’s what I’m talking about

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Lol you’re just making schitt up because you hate Leach. Alabama is ranked in the top 10 and are two plays from being undefeated. LSU is playing in the SEC Championship Game. But yeah, those teams are average.
Yea, no way someone is sober and makes that dumb a post

lol

maybe the worst I’ve ever read on here

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
We have to give him a chance regardless since Cohen extended his contract in the off-season. $16.5 Million is what we would owe him if we fired him.
Please tell me that his buyout isn’t truly 100% of his salary. To write something up like that for a 60 year old coach that absolutely no one is trying to poach would take an absolute moron for an AD.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Don’t disagree at all about what we should be able to do next year, but unless one of either Leach or Rogers quits football, I see zero chance that we don’t start 2023 with Will at the top of the depth chart

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
well , the negative posters who have an agenda and just want to bash leach bash the program it won’t matter who starts or how many games we win

ill root for the team no matter who plays q b

with will We will still win 9+ games next year

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No, I’m not talking about when he doesn’t have time to throw, and I’m not talking about receivers dropping the ball

Will panics at the hint of pressure and doesn’t progress through his reads and does not hang in till the last second the way veteran qbs do, that’s what I’m talking about

You seriously don't see how those two sentences say the exact same thing

He hasn't progressed through his reads enough for your taste because he's about to get creamed which usually is what happens?
He doesn't hang in the non-existent pocket enough because he doesn't have time and the guys he throws to dropped passes wide-open in the end zone that hit them in the hand.

But that's not those things are not related in your mind?

I also wanna see this veteran line to go along with a veteran quarterback you're talking about. Our offensive line has been a patchwork quilt with holes all through it. All season long it has never had the same lineup from game to game.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wish Leach would just say 17 and start Sawyer the rest of the year so we could all see how much better he is than Will.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022

He hasn't progressed through his reads enough for your taste because he's about to get creamed which usually is what happens?
He doesn't hang in the non-existent pocket enough because he doesn't have time and the guys he throws to dropped passes wide-open in the end zone that hit them in the hand.

I also wanna see this veteran line to go along with a veteran quarterback you're talking about. Our offensive line has been a patchwork quilt with holes all through it. All season long it has never had the same lineup from game to game.
No they aren’t related. Define “about to get creamed” ?

because many times that defensive player is seven yards away and partially blocked, there is no reason to dump off or throw it away, good pocket presence, poise and guts to hang in till the last second are things I’ve seen good veteran air raid qbs do in the past. When it starts to become panic at the slightest whiff of pressure, then the whole offense shuts down. That is what I’m getting at.

feeling the pressure and stepping up in the pocket, sidestepping the rusher, these things are not happening. His protection is not so bad as to explain away all of this.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Will hit his ceiling last year. It does seem he has regressed as a passer and field general. Yes, he is under pressure, but he's got enough time to find a receiver and deliver the ball. He won't. He checks down far too often at this point.
AND EVEN THEN, he can not seem to be able to lead his receiver open, giving them a running start to avoid tackles. Even his screen passes and check downs are behind his receiver.
He plays too timid to be an SEC QB.
We are going to be miserable after the Egg Bowl.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
well , the negative posters who have an agenda and just want to bash leach bash the program it won’t matter who starts or how many games we win

ill root for the team no matter who plays q b

with will We will still win 9+ games next year
Right. It will move to "Leach has to go before we squander this talent".

Always something, no matter who it is coaching.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Sacks per game are way down this season from season covid.

It takes time with guys who were recruited for something different and have never had to defend pas rush this much. That's the good news for future too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login