2023 US Open Thread

jbeldingk

Senior
Aug 19, 2007
7,686
609
113
I guess Nick Lee earned criteria with a caution and 1 at the end. I'm almost certain Beau's hand was raised and the scoreboard indicated Beau had criteria
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tgar

Michnit

All-American
Nov 1, 2021
6,700
5,412
113
Agree. The tread on that tire is gone. Did the Iowa style hinder or help this kid? Too bad. Was definitely a GOAT candidate like Gable. Too bad he wasn’t at PSU. The wear and tear may have been less on him.
Agreed
 

clucas11

Senior
Oct 31, 2021
398
727
93
The lack of any detail around physical issues makes me think it is a mental health situation. This seemed to be the case at Nationals and I think it continues to plague Spencer even though he was undefeated and in the semi-finals of the U.S. Open. It could be that his knees are just done after the ACL surgeries....I don't really know. But, I do know that he persevered by wrestling with the ACL tears so it seems odd that he would pack it in because of a physical issue. Maybe he re-injured one of the knees?
 

watoos

All-Conference
Oct 31, 2021
654
1,269
93
The lack of any detail around physical issues makes me think it is a mental health situation. This seemed to be the case at Nationals and I think it continues to plague Spencer even though he was undefeated and in the semi-finals of the U.S. Open. It could be that his knees are just done after the ACL surgeries....I don't really know. But, I do know that he persevered by wrestling with the ACL tears so it seems odd that he would pack it in because of a physical issue. Maybe he re-injured one of the knees?
Spencer's dad giving the interview was weird to me. Why couldn't Spencer explain his situation?
 

watoos

All-Conference
Oct 31, 2021
654
1,269
93
It looks like Beau will get Ashnault in the wrestlebacks, a win there and probably a rematch with Henderson for 3rd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lion in KY

GregPickel

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Jul 25, 2021
48,815
107,395
113
Wow- if you told me before the match that Beau Bartlett would be 10-10 w/N Lee, I would’ve bet the house against ya. And then to handle Ashnault, that is damn impressive. Ashnault is no slouch! Something very right is going on with BB. He might have some good coaching/ training in there as well
Indeed!
 
  • Like
Reactions: LB99 and Lion in KY
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State Wednesday primer: A big injury update to watch for this morning leads the way
  2. 02 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said on Tuesday of Northwestern week
  3. 03 BWI A top Penn State defender is questionable for Northwestern; see the full Tuesday availability report here
  4. 04 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  5. 05 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?