2024-2025 college wrestling offseason thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
From Willie's comments, it's pretty clear that this is about Iowa trying to poach Ramos, Teemer, and Volk -- none of whom were ever in the portal.

Assuming Willie's sources are correct (and I have no reason to doubt him), this is a clear-cut tampering violation.

And Bob Nicolls is an oaf. It would be completely unsurprising if he did this behind Brands' back.

• Wow
Reactions: ElDuce

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Willie today said 2 of the reporting schools were Arizona State and Oklahoma.

Apparently Iowa also tried to poach OU 197 Stephen Buchanan ... also not in the portal.
Before or after they kicked AJ to the curb. šŸ¤£. What a dumpster fire that program is.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
They are desperate to get back to contenders in a really obsessive way if the Ramos and Buchanan and the other incidents are true. Theyā€™re #2 and have really taken their eye off the prize. T&T always cruiting.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Don't your breath waiting for the NCAA to enforce standards and accountability.

My expectations are always rock bottom with regards to the NCAA. That said, when things seem obvious and outside the rules, you'd expect an appropriate response/action by any organization charged with enforcing the rules.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
My expectations are always rock bottom with regards to the NCAA. That said, when things seem obvious and outside the rules, you'd expect an appropriate response/action by any organization charged with enforcing the rules.

I would wet my pants laughing if Iowa Admissions rejected Teemer.

Nothing against Teemer -- I'd be perfectly happy if he got accepted to MIT or Stanford for grad school. Just the whole thought that Iowa donors are now wasting their money in getting other schools' wrestlers to apply there ... ick factor off the charts.

SurgeOne

Oct 30, 2021
I would wet my pants laughing if Iowa Admissions rejected Teemer.

Nothing against Teemer -- I'd be perfectly happy if he got accepted to MIT or Stanford for grad school. Just the whole thought that Iowa donors are now wasting their money in getting other schools' wrestlers to apply there ... ick factor off the charts.
Let Iowa donors waste their meth lab money. Gotta spend it before the DEA cracks down on ya.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Clearing out for the three studs? Blaze, Jax, and Bo?

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Thatā€™s big news.
It sure is. Trying to learn more. I know the obvious implication is that his career is over, but he hasn't said anything more since that post went up.

Reactions: Tgar

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It sure is. Trying to learn more. I know the obvious implication is that his career is over, but he hasn't said anything more since that post went up.

Perhaps not -- he's kind of noncommittal.

The below article contains the following:

Competing in this yearā€™s Olympics means Retherford is already qualified for the team trials in 2028. And with the next Games being held in the U.S., Retherford said he is open to the possibility of competing.

When wrestlers retire, they often leave their shoes on the wrestling mat as a symbol. His shoes were not left on the mat in Paris.

He plans to stay in State College to continue training with his wrestling club, and depending on how he feels in four years, he might give the Olympics one more go.

ā€œItā€™s never say never,ā€ Retherford said. ā€œI could maybe see myself not competing until then and putting my hat in the ring for one more Olympic cycle in 2028. Time will tell. Weā€™ll see.ā€

Reactions: GregPickel

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login