2024 NCAA Regional Game Two Thread (MSU vs UVA)

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Sad to see us getting beat due to poor defensive play. Larry had reasonable chances at two double plays in the bottom of the 9th. His throwing technique negated one chance and his boot caused the second. Not sure what Lemonis is thinking but defense will keep you in a lot of games. Needs to play Pulliam or Chester there.
We lost because we can't 17ing hit. Pull Larry and that's one less half decent batter in a bad lineup. We were the top fielding team and one of the better pitching teams this season. We can't hit for ****

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Sad to see us getting beat due to poor defensive play. Larry had reasonable chances at two double plays in the bottom of the 9th. His throwing technique negated one chance and his boot caused the second. Not sure what Lemonis is thinking but defense will keep you in a lot of games. Needs to play Pulliam or Chester there.
He messed up the end of a game in Oxford as well this season.

I know it's not the case but it's so bad so often you wonder if he gets paid off to mess up late in the game

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I hate all of you.

Nah, I don’t, but this mother17er working this drive-thru better not say a goddam thing outside of “chicken, chicken, chicken, what combo you pickin’?”

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Thanks for being Johnny obvious… pop up on the infield… pop ups and fly outs different things…,
Strikeouts give a team no chance. Pop ups and fly outs can cause defensive mistakes. Just dive into your MLB numbers and STFU.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Strikeouts give a team no chance. Pop ups and fly outs can cause defensive mistakes. Just dive into your MLB numbers and STFU.
Pop ups? An infield pop has the same probability of a strikeout being dropped and advancing.

a strikeout and a pop up are the same thing. Neither count more than 1 out. And Hines and Jordan have both showed these past 2 games why we should never worry about those guys striking out. Let them have their approaches that have produced so much over their careers..

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
The game ended with poor defensive play, but we got beat due to poor offensive play.

Reactions: She Mate Me

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Pop ups are dropped at the same rate runners reach on a dropped third strike…. That one did bite Arkansas though I wouldn’t call it a pop up
Pop up dropped fly ball it's all the same. You are trying to win on semantics knowing you're wrong. A strikeout gives you no damn chance whether the catcher drops the ball or not. Pop up/fly ball are the same damn thing in most normal humans thinking. You struggle at being wrong at times and that's ok.
1717296053962.gif

Reactions: tbaydog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Pop up dropped fly ball it's all the same. You are trying to win on semantics knowing you're wrong. A strikeout gives you no damn chance whether the catcher drops the ball or not. Pop up/fly ball are the same damn thing in most normal humans thinking. You struggle at being wrong at times and that's ok.
View attachment 583843
No im not. Your twisted what I said to try to be correct

a pop up on the infield and a strikeout have the same benefit to a team. Neither are productive and both have the same chance to get on base and be productive. But we track strikeouts and don’t pop ups.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
View attachment 583843
The 1945 World Series was changed due to a botched stirke 3 drop.

the above play, and that happens about the same amount of time….

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login