2024 NCAA Regional Opening Game Thread

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Dumb as 17 to walk Mershon to get to a MLB player in a slump. His mindset at that point goes away from his slump to you gonna disrespect me like that. 17n stupid on there coach.
Easy to say now.. but let's be honest.. if you had to lay money on which one gets a hit with a man on 3rd.. anybody who's watched us over the last few weeks is betting on Mershon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm just 17ing happy we won!
Give credit to who you want to, when you come down to it, the entire team won.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
All while the St Johns message board is probably up in arms with their coach wondering why the hell he walked that guy to get to the homerun hitter.
Dumpster Fire GIF

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
We didn’t want to have to pitch an extra inning, but Davis only threw 27 pitches in 2.0 IP, so it didn’t hurt us too bad. And giving Dakota a chance to be the hero may be more valuable to us moving forward than saving a few pitches.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
Easy to say now.. but let's be honest.. if you had to lay money on which one gets a hit with a man on 3rd.. anybody who's watched us over the last few weeks is betting on Mershon.
I've watched every game this yr. Had I been St Johns coach and did the same I would've known not to walk the player in front of of our best player in a walk off situation. I posted as it happened. I am honest I'll lay money on anything I believe in... ask mcdawg, he will tell you, he learned the hard way.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I’m eating some crow as I say this bc I’ve been very critical of DJ and Hines both lately…..but THATS the reason why you can’t bench em
Absolutely true. The potential/ ceiling is too high and eventually he was gonna nut up. Glad he got his rocks off tonight!

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
When they walked Mershaan, I said to myself “That’s probably the right call, but you gotta have some big balls to make it.”

So glad DJ made them pay!

Big slump busters for Hines and DJ tonight! Could bode well moving forward.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login