2024 opponent show

ForDale3

Nov 16, 2022
So next Wednesday on SEC network, we are finding out SEC opponents for the 2024 season with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma. Who will we get and why? 20 bucks says Bama Georgia are on our plate with no vandy or mizzou.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So next Wednesday on SEC network, we are finding out SEC opponents for the 2024 season with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma. Who will we get and why? 20 bucks says Bama Georgia are on our plate with no vandy or mizzou.
Bama probably will be. I doubt Georgia is. Other than auburn, we’ve probably played them as much as anyone from west in the last few years. I bet the schedule looks very similar to a normal schedule in terms we will play mostly traditional west teams and Kentucky. Could be Georgia as the other sec team but I bet it’s not.

I hope we get to play either Texas or Oklahoma, in Starkville of course

Aug 15, 2011
Part of me thinks that it’ll be Oklahoma if only because we’ve not played each other and Selmon’s background.

So Auburn will be better than Florida in ‘24?
Don't know, but I can't stand Freeze and don't look forward to hearing all his "holy rolling" that is inevitably going to spew out of his hypocritical mouth. Got to admit though he is a good coach and sneaky as a snake.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

MSU Projected 2024 SEC opponents: Texas A&M, at Alabama, Arkansas, at Ole Miss, at Florida, Auburn, at Oklahoma, Vanderbilt

Hail State traveling to Norman to face the Sooners? Welcome to the new SEC. In addition, a trip to Alabama would be challenging. The Bulldogs are one of only a couple teams with three SEC road games (projected). The conference will do everything in its power to split home and away games evenly among the 16 teams. No matter how Mississippi State's schedule shakes out, it will be littered with top 25 opponents.

Ole Miss Projected 2024 SEC opponents: at Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Missouri, at Arkansas, Kentucky, at Tennessee, at LSU, at Texas

Bye-bye, Nick Saban. We're not expecting Alabama to be on the Rebels' schedule every year once the SEC figures out what it wants to do long term, but the Crimson Tide will be replaced with either Texas or Oklahoma in the years they're not designated. Of course, this is all speculation at this point. Ole Miss is not historically ones of the haves, and therefore like another seven or eight programs within the conference, won't have much of a say in who it wants to play every year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We've played Vandy twice recently and Georgia just last year, so I doubt we get either of them or South Carolina. My guess:

Mississippi
Kentucky
A&M
Texas
Missouri
Florida
Alabama
Auburn

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We've played Vandy twice recently and Georgia just last year, so I doubt we get either of them or South Carolina. My guess:

Mississippi
Kentucky
A&M
Texas
Missouri
Florida
Alabama
Auburn
If that was our schedule this season it would be ok Based on last season records. there are 7 possible wins. UM, KY, A&M, Auburn, FL would be 50% chance winning and Texas 40% chance of winning. I give us a 10% chance of beating Bama. However, if it is 2024 season that will probably be brutal.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

MSU Projected 2024 SEC opponents: Texas A&M, at Alabama, Arkansas, at Ole Miss, at Florida, Auburn, at Oklahoma, Vanderbilt

Hail State traveling to Norman to face the Sooners? Welcome to the new SEC. In addition, a trip to Alabama would be challenging. The Bulldogs are one of only a couple teams with three SEC road games (projected). The conference will do everything in its power to split home and away games evenly among the 16 teams. No matter how Mississippi State's schedule shakes out, it will be littered with top 25 opponents.

Ole Miss Projected 2024 SEC opponents: at Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Missouri, at Arkansas, Kentucky, at Tennessee, at LSU, at Texas

Bye-bye, Nick Saban. We're not expecting Alabama to be on the Rebels' schedule every year once the SEC figures out what it wants to do long term, but the Crimson Tide will be replaced with either Texas or Oklahoma in the years they're not designated. Of course, this is all speculation at this point. Ole Miss is not historically ones of the haves, and therefore like another seven or eight programs within the conference, won't have much of a say in who it wants to play every year.
OM gets Vandy, Kentucky and Missouri ? Sounds about right .

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

There should be riots if Mississippi gets that schedule

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Really going to depend on how much the TV networks influence scheduling. ESPN is going to want to maximize big matchups, which hopefully will give room for us to get UK, UM, and Arkansas and then somebody like Mizzou or at worst USCe from the east. After UM, I think the next certainty is that we'll get Bama because Bama is not going to want to concede that we shouldn't be a "permanent" opponent for them. Beyond that, I think we will get OU or UTex. Not guaranteed but I am expecting almost every team to play one of them. Then I just hope ESPN has enough influence to push for a few more blue blood matchups, which will allow more non-blue blood v. non-blue blood matchups.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It would be very difficult to play a SEC West schedule that wasn't littered with top 25 teams

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Don't know, but I can't stand Freeze and don't look forward to hearing all his "holy rolling" that is inevitably going to spew out of his hypocritical mouth. Got to admit though he is a good coach and sneaky as a snake.
He's on a career path to be the next Alabama US Senator. ***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login