Savannah Bananas coming to Dudy Noble

Bhamdawg1725

Dec 15, 2023
I believe this is the Party Animals, the team the Bananas play. They’re basically splitting the teams up to get to more cities next year, is my understanding. But I’ve been wrong often, so my wife tells me.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
In 2025, the Bananas will encompass four teams with the addition of the Texas Tailgaters, and not only will they play in 18 Major League Baseball stadiums, they will take over fields in three football stadiums―two of them in the NFL and Clemson University's Death Valley.

But that's not all. In 2026 Banana Ball will grow into a six-team league with a 60-game nationwide schedule.NFL stadiums, a Texas team and more MLB venues: Savannah Bananas announce biggest tour yet

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Yes it's the party animals, but the game is still banana ball, which is the entertainment of the game!
everybody loves raymond my posts GIF

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I live close to the Savannah area and have been to both Bananas and Party Animals. They are a must watch. They are the same thing just rival teams. It’s going to be a blast. If you want tickets you are going to have to jump on them fast. Both are hard to get tickets for

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
Pulled and loaded a many a case of the Jitney gold cola during my time working in that warehouse!
My dad used to buy Chek from Winn Dixie and that stuff was horrible. My grandparents would buy Jitney Gold Cola and it was like a night and day difference. Jitney Gold Cola was some good stuff.

Reactions: 17itdawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
We've been on the waiting list for Banana home games for a few years. Pretty sure we're just going to have to catch them (or their teams) on the road.

Does anyone have a link for this lottery at The Dude?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
This is what Trustmark Park needs to do. Get a team in this league.
So Trustmark Park is getting a Frontier League team. I’m not sure how it makes any financial sense. There are 3 teams in Canada and multiple NE teams. I don’t think there is a single SE team.

Edited: there is a team in NC

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Wow, this is quite a list. They’re hitting something like 18 Major League Stadiums, 2 NFL stadiums, and Clemson’s football stadium in addition to the Dude, the Box, and Baum.

Looks like the Bananas are being mostly used for Major League and NFL Stadiums. Some combo of the three opponents: Party Animals, Firefighters, and the new team the Texas Tailgaters, are going to be at the other locations.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
So Trustmark Park is getting a Frontier League team. I’m not sure how it makes any financial sense. There are 3 teams in Canada and multiple NE teams. I don’t think there is a single SE team.

And unfortunately, fewer people will care to go to games than when we had an actual major-league affiliated AA team here.

That's why I'm thinking a fun, gimmick team like the Bananas would be better. At least families would want to go. I know my kids would enjoy it and would want to go more often. You'd be a lot more likely to get visitors to town going to that than a Frontier League team, obviously.

You could field a team with former college players from around here who aren't going to the bigs but have name recognition, call them the Mississippi Mayhem or something, and do stupid fun stuff like the Nanners. I can see Cole Gordon in his bandana now. Jeff Flagg could get out there and absolutely crush some balls with his long driver. Ross Mitchell could throw junk until he's 50. It seems doable actually.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
So how does this lottery work? If drawn, how many tickets are you able to get? There's nowhere to specify how many you want.

UNLESS...there's a check box for "Contact me about group hospitality seating/tickets". And if you check it then you can specify the number of tickets. I assume that's for something like trying to take a whole Little League team and you want 30 tickets?

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
So how does this lottery work? If drawn, how many tickets are you able to get? There's nowhere to specify how many you want.

UNLESS...there's a check box for "Contact me about group hospitality seating/tickets". And if you check it then you can specify the number of tickets. I assume that's for something like trying to take a whole Little League team and you want 30 tickets?
HOW DO I GET TICKETS? TICKET FAQ

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

I was concerned about that too. I think that’s a big reason the Jackson Bandits hockey team didn’t last, having to go on the road for a month around the Dixie National events. If the baseball team heads out for a month long road trip to the NE/Canada people will forget they’re around.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Thanks. Still doesn't say how many tickets you can get if you're drawn though...
I think mine was 4 when I got picked in the OKC lottery a couple of years ago.

Good idea is to have you and your wife both sign up for the lottery. She got picked before me and had a better choice of seats. Only outfield balcony was left when I got picked.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Thank you. My wife is already on the Savannah list. Might as well sign up for the Starkville city of interest separately.
Yeah, do your own and don't mess with hers if she's already on the list. I tried to sign up for multiple 'driveable distance' locations last year since they didn't do a DFW area game, but it either only signed me up for the last one or the first one I selected, I can't remember.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login